my spiderman face shell

This is my wip of spiderman face shell. I couldn't afford Mclean's face shell so I decided to make my own. with Mclean's and Sony's face shell style. I will post more pics as I go along on this project. Hopefully I will be happy with it and will make it affordable for us low income cosplayers :) 20140122_172954_resized.jpg20140122_173015_resized_1.jpg

I'm still on the fence about that because I saw that when you placed the mask over the face shell you could see a line where the jaw was cut. But I will make variations and test. I'll be posting pics today as I continue with my sculpt.

Here's some work for today. Also I received pm from Tjack in regards to Mclean's face shell and that it was made to fit is mask and that I should look into it before committing to finalizing my face shell. I made little adjustments and think this will work with any mask of spiderman. I didn't make the front area as pronounced and rectangle as Mclean's but did keep the idea of a flat front. I rounded the sides so that it blended into the face and jaw line. I added holes on top of the shell to replicate the movies shell. I guess with extra holes it would make the shell not as hot underneath the mask. I will finalize over the weekend and begin to make a mould. Please feel free to critique20140123_172421_resized.jpg20140123_172458_resized.jpg20140123_172446_resized.jpg. thanks

Good work so far. To me that nose seems far too pronounced as compared to most spider-man suits though.

actually that's the tip of the mannequins nose and I just went flat down to the chin. It looks further out in picture than in person ;)
Sure, but that doesn't mean it's not too pronounced, which has more to do with the way the forehead curves down to the nose area. You need more room there for a real user's face, and the profile of the mask. Add a lot of clay to the forehead area and eye area and re-establish that curve.

cool thanks for the advice Lunaman. this is my first attempt in making a face shell and I'l take all the advice I can get. So please critique away. the more I know the better it will be for me. Thanks everyone for your words of advice.

Front view looks good, from the side it looks like it needs a little tweaking. But so far it's looking really good!

here's todays update. I fixed the pronounced nose to forehead ratio. I'm pretty happy with the out come. will state moulding process tomorrow morning. thanks for the input and complements. It was a source of inspirationPicsArt_1390723192498_resized.jpg I needed to make this mask happen.

- - - Updated - - -

No, these are my own lens that I made. I traced the lens from google images and sculpted it out. then I made moulds and casted the lens. I will be making the lens available as well once I'm done with the shell. Thanks for the kind words.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back