Studio Scale Death Star Turret

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Yeah, Im starting another model !

Not really, I've started it back in december actually, I've been lucky enought to meet the creator of this fantastic kit, Wasili, who visited me ! Thank you Wasili. :)

What to say about that kit ? Wasili did an awesome job, it was a pleasure to assemble it (but it was too fast and too easy :( Fits were perfect).

I acquired a set of Mike's castings. Here again, awesome parts ! Thank you Mike ! And thanks to all who contributed (Jason, Craig and of course Eric for having built the first turret :)).

Here are some pics, still need some parts and of course the T-track (I bought the ABS ones but received the wrong styrene Tees which dont have the same profile :().

Thanks for looking. :)

Looking good Julien!

I liked your post about how you never finish anything. Your comments were so true in many ways. But you are so good at nearly finishing! Better than never starting. :)

What are you Julien,a machine? wonder what else you didnt show us.
Turret looking good,no doubt of your work.
Always love ANH stuff.

Don

Okay dumb question. How do you guys glue these tiny pieces without leaving visible glue? Anybody want to give me model making lessons? :) thanks,

John

Looks awesome Julien! Still love to see Erics thread, dont think many realise he did this a long time ago, didnt he put a video out of full RC motion already?
Cant wait to see more mate, its always a blast seeing your "almost" builts haha!

Lee

- - - Updated - - -

Okay dumb question. How do you guys glue these tiny pieces without leaving visible glue? Anybody want to give me model making lessons? :) thanks,

John
I use a gel CA for tiny parts and apply with an Exacto, no glue, no weld residue, horses for courses though!

Lee

Looking great!! Keep doing what you do, make great Star Wars models. And thanks from me ,to all ,who made this possible to those of us who are not the greatest at scratch building.

Mark

I have a question about the ladder rungs that go on the right side of the turret. Yours aren't on there yet Julien, and Jason's are. Have you guys found something acceptable in a kit to use for those? I assume it's again a ladder cut up. I notice from the reference that the section of the ladder all seems cylindrical, not with square sides like the fire truck ladder. I notice that the freuhauf tanker has a ladder with somewhat the same sections but the step area is wrong on it. I took a peek at plastruct ladders and they don't seem to be right either. I can't figure out what would be used, and assume I'm going to be scratch building it. Any ideas?

And man, that kit looks so nice and clean. Great job on that Wasili and Mike!

I dont know what they are, since I dont want to scratch them and lost too much time, I have used the same ladder for all the turret (yeah it's done, but no pics :)). I wont be too anal about the turret, several parts havent been ID'ed yet so I dont care if the shape of the ladder rungs are wrong !

Yeah it's more uniform, I respected the spacement though, for some reason it's not the same on the right and left side ! :)

Unfortunatly I'm quite stuck, Im waiting for my Tee's and for the new parts from Mike. I think Im going to build the armature (not sure if I'm going to get it motorized or not but at least something to hold the guns in place ! :D).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back