Favorite Clear Coat Spray?

I used to use testors all the time but the last few times it cause my paint to orange peel but it could have been something i did. I haven't tried any other brands off the top of my head. Testors is all i see around here unless you go with krylon's, which i think i've got but not tried. I'd stay away from rustoleum as i've never had anything good from them.

Krylon tripple clear. Excellent under the right conditions. Fussy with any real humidity.

-Rylo

DuPont's spray can automotive, door jamb clear.

Just remember, don't put a lacquer clear, over Enamel. Unless your absolutely sure the

The enamel is fully cured (which could take months in the winter, or not at all, depending

On the paint). It will wrinkle, and crack!

You can however put lacquer clear over lacquer paint. Just give enough time between coats

Personally I like Krylon's Crystal clear Acrylic. 1303 is glossy, and 1325 is satin.

At some point the guys who sold me my first batch of Smooth-On silicone recommended a version of Krylon clear to use as a release agent on the master. I never really trusted that and ended up getting some 200 spray, so had this can of clear to play with. I've been using it since.

I haven't had any adverse effects with it on any of the material I use (foam, styrene, PVC, wood or metals), but I paint with acrylic paint only. I haven't tried it on anything enamel.

last time i used a clear coat i used some automotive 2k aerosol spray.

some have an activator that you have to mix before spraying.

the stuff i used did not (how that worked i don't know?)

anyway, it dried really hard very quickly and was crystal clear, way better than the normal aerosols we have been using normally.

i got mine on ebay uk, i'm sure there will be some on ebay us.

its a bit pricey but you get what you pay for like everything else.

Depends on what I'm doing... But usually Testors.

Testor's Dullcoat bathed in high-wattage halogen lighting over time will yellow (2x750 watt lamps, used an hour or so each day for six months).

I have Testors to wear off with handling. Krylon glossy will stick to bubblewrap but is fine if you have something on display and doesn't wear off with handling. Krylon satin never seems to dry. Lately I use Valspar.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back