1:1 Superman MOS / Henry Cavill Bust WIP

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's another project I've been working on a Superman bust from the Man of Steel movie. This one is farther along in the sculpting stage, but I have a bit more work to do on him since I'll be sculpting the hair after doing a quick mold and pull of the bald version.
The majority of the structure are blocked in and I'll be getting to the fine tuning, detailing etc. next.
And I have taken down his traps quite a bit since this picture so he has a longer looking neck now ;)

Let me know what you guys think and I'm always open to critiques and suggestions.

Thanks!
-Ely

Last edited:
Your work is so unbelievably excellent...I just think that Cavill is so bland that you might be sculpting a mannequin here.

I want to see that Milla you did with real hair and real eyes (in a case in my rec room).

Ely, take a look at this pic below. My wife (leave it to a woman to point out the little things :p ) noticed that the lips may need a little more puffiness. Especially on the upper lip. This is as best reference I could find.

View attachment 275270

Let me know what you think. Also, it may be the pic, but it looks like if you're looking at the pic, the right side of the nose has a slight bulge. Could be me.

Reel

Thanks guys!
Reel- Great reference pic there! I'll get to that and post more pics this week.
Sculpted brows will be included with the hair sculpt ;)

Haven't updated in a while, but here was my last sitting with this. Lots more refining to do and getting all the angles defined.

You do AMAZING work. Please tell me you sell these to wax museums. I've seen some down right terrible ones in these places but yours are above and beyond. Keep up the great work. Alex.

Thank you guys! Sorry for not updating for a while, but I'm back strong with this project. I was asked to bypass the bald version and go ahead and do sculpted hair on him. I'm still working on getting details such as the lips etc, to be as close as possible, but here is the latest before those revisions.

I'm trying to get the shapes of the hair structure down before doing details, so hopefully I can capture it correctly.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back