Yet another Pepakura Stormtrooper helmet

namivanmar

Hey there!
I saw a lot of these projects and made me want to try it so I started this week.
I've used Fierfek's model. Huge thanks to him and to all who make this projects possible!
I tried to print on a bit thicker paper than regular A4 office paper. I had to cut up some A2 sheets since I've only got those available but it worked out eventually. We'll se if it helps to make it a bit more rigid.
I didn't have superglue this weekend so I've used some tape to put the model together. I think it will be easier to glue the tabs inside if it's already holds its shape (or close to it). I still have to cut and do around 40 pieces and it's still floppy and stuff...
In the mean time I should look for some hobby/model shop to buy fiberglass and resin. I've never used those. I assume I should brush on some resin and layer the fiberglass.

Img_2826.jpg

I didn't have that much time to spend on this project but slowly getting there. I hope.
I think I will remove the ear pieces and make them separate pieces.
When I glued together the different pieces I had to make some cuts to relieve some stress.
Also I'm having the feeling this pep file has too much details some places.

Img_2830_k.jpgImg_2832_k.jpgImg_2834_k.jpgImg_2835_k.jpgImg_2837_k.jpg

To be honest, i don't like the fierfek version, for me it looks more like a "rubies" than a "screenused".

But only my 2ct.

PVA(or "wood")-Glue worked good for me, in a thin layer it sticks paper as quick as superglue without its disadvantages.

Hey Toxx. Thanks for the reply. Do you suggest doing the SpaceCowboy version?
I've seen many people using it. And it seems a bit "easier".
And thanks for the wood-glue idea. I have some Titebond somewhere, I'll try it as well.

It is "easier"! Perhaps not so over-detailed and some things are easier to create than build them from paper.

I've started the SpaceCowboy pep, woodglue is awesome. tons better than superglue!
Unfortunately parts of the model is not aligned/fitted together perfectly. I'll ask him if it was OK to upgrade his model for future builders.

Spacecowboy pep is awesome and very very easy to put together. When I put mine together I didn't have any major issues a side from some missing taps on the dome, face and tubes. but those can be fixed/source from some left over pieces of scrap paper.

Yeah, mainly the taps are missing between the parts. The other mistakes are also small ones and can be fixed quickly. I'd just like to have a more perfect version. I'll see what I can come up with.
Also if you know any pars with that model that could be made more accurate please let me know.

I'm not doing a screen accurate build. but to me the eyes don't look right also the space between the eyes is too wide needs to be shorter an also the space between the eyes and the dome is missing a angle ( Z ) shape hard to explain but it can be seen on my build

Finally done with the base of the modified SpaceCowboy pep.

st2.jpg st3.jpg st4.jpg

Also here's all the 3 almost done peps: (Fierfek, SpaceCowboy, modified SC version):
st1.jpg

The first two are unfinished, that's why they look wonky! I don't want to make the impression that those are not good peps.

Last edited:
Nice I see that you fixed brow issue on the spacecowboy. Don't get me wrong but your comparation is a bit unfair since the spacecowboy pep is not completly put together and it makes it look like junk if you compare it to the other 2

my 2 cents

Nice I see that you fixed brow issue on the spacecowboy. Don't get me wrong but your comparation is a bit unfair since the spacecowboy pep is not completly put together and it makes it look like junk if you compare it to the other 2

my 2 cents

Thats why I wrote "almost done". The fierfek one also looks flat and wide on the face because the vocoder part is missing. It's not a real comparison.

Im working on a helmet of my own, Space Cowboy's model, and i seemed to have trouble piecing it together. it wasnt the lack of tabs, but it just didnt seem to fit together very well.

Added some details to the pep file: teeth and indentations:

IMG_2871.JPG IMG_2879.JPG

And started testing/putting together my vocoder. It fits better then I've expected. I'm doing it as a separate piece like the ears.

IMG_2884.JPG

Not sure if I'll use the pep for the vocoder. Making it out of mdf would be easier I guess.
I should start resin the bucket in the meantime.

Vocoder parts so far:

Img_2891.jpg Img_2899.jpg Img_2898.jpg

I've used scrap laminated floor parts which I sanded around 6mm thick. Then I grabbed a small steel tube with around 8mm inner radius. I cut it half open, put some sticky-back sandpaper inside and sanded the front side of the parts.
The only downside that the laminated sides are hard and sand slower than basic MDF, but no big deal.
Also I drilled through the 3 middle parts at 2 points and pushed a steel wire inside. They will keep those 3 pieces aligned.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back