Re: "Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy*

Delete please.

Attachments

• 20140128_192353[1].jpg
    20140128_192353[1].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 743
Last edited:

I had the same issue in the same areas. I'd continue to work at it for a bit, remove what red you can, but once you apply a brown colored stain or treatment the red will be less obvious.

The technique I used to remove lacquer, after irritating myself with hand sanding, was just to swipe a dremel sanding drum over it.

The Dremel was able to remove a lot more surface at a time, so be careful not to accidentally obliterate any details, but it makes getting past the red a LOT easier.

There were still some "veins" and a few small patches of red when I stained mine, and they just came out as a darker brown.

Hey Tvayumat,

Nice work on the build, just curious, I've been going at the riser for about 1 hour now with 60, 150 & 240 grit sandpaper and I'm left with this:

View attachment 279085

There is still traces of the Red Lacquer / Paint on the bow and no matter what I use, hand or electric, I can't get it off. Any thoughts?

If you're going to use the Minwax stain:

1.) Do your woodburning FIRST. Minwax is oil based and I'm not *sure* but I think a hot iron would probably burn more than you want it to on oil-soaked wood.

2.) Consider a lighter color than I used. "Natural" seems like a good option.

If you're going to use the Minwax stain:

1.) Do your woodburning FIRST. Minwax is oil based and I'm not *sure* but I think a hot iron would probably burn more than you want it to on oil-soaked wood.

2.) Consider a lighter color than I used. "Natural" seems like a good option.

Okay thank you very much!

Managed to get the arm quiver and flechettes put together.

I'm going to revisit this one later when I've located the correct rubber parts and I get the Grizztrick 2 broadheads for the flechettes.

But this one is ready for Dallas SFX, and does the job.

20140122_165040.jpg20140122_170700.jpg20140131_153824.jpg20140131_201431.jpg20140131_202247.jpg

Spent my superbowl sunday finishing off my quivers by filling them with arrows!

Suit comes back from the tailor tomorrow, and the hood is nearly done.

Not much to go, now!

20140202_221141.jpg20140203_000414.jpg20140202_232034.jpg

Quick sneak preview of the hood, jacket, and quiver together.

This weekend is going to be awesome!

12730_3958791623641_1223276292_n.jpg

I commend you on your work, fellow vigilante! Can't wait to see the finished work in its entirety!

You better get Stephen to sign something. I can't wait to hear what he says about it!

Brilliant! Im starting my Arrow costume soon and will use this for reference! think you will offer some of those con-safe limbs in the Junkyard eventually? Its a really good idea ;)

Tvayumat: Do you have a more detailed pic of the "inscription" that's on the bow's handle?

Subscribing to this thread! Awesome work!

Stein R.

Last edited by a moderator:

detailed pic of the "inscription" that's on the bow's handle?

View attachment arrow-green-arrow-27.JPGView attachment arrow-green-arrow-10.JPG

These are pretty big pictures. Open them up as big as you can in your browser, save them to your computer and view them full size, etc. It'll be grand. :thumbsup

Also just noticed: The pictures that Tvayumat posted, you can do the same thing with. Open up the picture in a new window and zoom in. You can see the detail pretty well that way.

yeah :p figured that one out after i posted this message..
But still thanks for posting them again.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back