Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

masked rider

Sr Member
Guys , thought i will start to share some info on my MAN OF STEEL suit work as ive did more research and lots of test and disappointment after the tested result , waiting for more info from members and Hopefully to see the secret of creating the suit from "Behind the scene " of Man of steel DVD , it seems like not much info ..... luckily , we have Lunaman , awesome guy to share his info for see the real suit in person and has gave us the correct point on the fabric material and clear description , and few members too share their thoughts . Thanks for all the info . :thumbsup

Welcome to share your thoughts and post your comments here , so we can make and achieve the more accurate MOS suit . Also if u have some details pics of the real deal suit , pls help to kindly share some pics ...lol ...

Ive been start working on this suit after watching the movie , as a big fan of all superhero movies and movie props and armor , i really love the design of Man of steel suit and decided to start my next project . So , its more difficult than i thought , have to spent more time and R&D process than all my Iron man armor suit .

Im a lucky guy to have my buddy , a really talented guy( skylu3Design ) joint in this project and help me to solved some parts problem, he is working on all the 3D model parts , including the Chainmail texture file .

Lets start on the Chainmail that i think that is an important part of the suit .... the challenging work is to make the printed texture looks good in shape and as most members waiting to see how to print the small details shape texture on the Fabric , eldonnaty did great work on stencil with puff paint . I will try another much Hi - RES way , Factory silicone printing work . One of my friend who work on fashion industries help me to print the texture by silicone printing in Factory . skylu3Design help me to create the texture file for the factory . This was the first Chainmail texture that ready for printing process .

Reference Size.jpg

View attachment MOS Texture Created Vertical-01.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

That looks awesome! I'll definitely be following your progress. :D

Here are some pics of the Chainmail test print on a small pieces of fabric . I love the clean and details shape of each little tiny texture . So , i would say that the result is Beautiful !!!!!!!

As u can see each chainmail in perfect shape .

20131223_111218.jpg

20131223_111240.jpg

Im really happy for the result not only the clean and detail shape but the thickness on side view which the texture puff up ...

20131223_111302a.jpg

subscribed too! following this build for sure!:)

Thanks buddy , without u in this project , everything wont go that smooth ......:D

How did u get the texture on the fabric?

The texture was printed by Silicone printing , and done by a Factory that my friend work for and they usually do custom fabric and printing label for cloths and sports wear .

Wow that is clean and smooth. Going to follow this build.

Thanks bro . I will post some even closed up pics for u later ;)

Great stuff. Like its Christmas again.

Thanks bro , your Jor EL armor work is amazing too... i can imagine the awesomeness of your armor parts after bring it to live .. cant wait to see more from u .

Few pics of the more closer look at the printed Chainmail , its actually in Dark blue , it seems darker because printed on a black sample fabric .

IMG_8640.jpg

IMG-20140108-WA0002.jpg

Mam this is gonna look so awesome when its done, amazing man!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Man this is gonna look so awesome when its done, amazing work man!!!

So , about the fabric material , this is the fabric that a member bought and sent to me few months ago when im planning to start this project , he has good eyes ,the Blue fabric that he picked , the color is really near to the blue that im looking for . This is a 4 way stretch Lycra / Spandex and the fabric is thick . I love this Material , BUT unfortunately , i sent this fabric to the factory for silicone printing process ..... IT WONT WORK ....:cry:cry , as i was told that the silicone material wont stick onto the Lycra shiny surface , so it wont work for the texture print ...

IMG-20131213-WA0010a.jpg

photo 2.JPG

The printing issue was the worst BAD news for me which i will have to do more research on fabric material again , its really difficult to find a good fabric material with the correct color . Luckily , Lunaman shared more info on the material that he discovered . So i start looking for the movie accurate Fabric which they called Glissnet , the material with the right thinness and translucency.

So , as i said that im a lucky guy , i found a fabric material that the name is Glissenette from Spandex world . This is the Navy blue that i think the color is really closed to the color that we are looking for . Its 90% Nylon, 10% Spandex , but for this Navy blue color , its only 2 way stretch , with shimmery finish. So which means this material also wont suit as we need a 4 way stretch to make the tight suit .

DSC_3725_2013-11-01_15.jpg

I also found another same material which is Glissenette (White) (Matte) , this is a 4 way stretch 90% Nylon 10% Spandex material . This is the correct material that we are looking for and its MATTE , not shinny . So i bought both the NAVY BLUE Glissenette and Glissenette (White) (Matte) each 3 yards as sample for testing .

DSC_4297_2010-05-31_6.jpg

and so it begins, awesome to see you finally making a thread bro, did you get my pm?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back