Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

and so it begins, awesome to see you finally making a thread bro, did you get my pm?

Yeah..bro, I think this is the right time to share my suit progress and pls PM me again with your thoughts.

I also found another same material which is Glissenette (White) (Matte) , this is a 4 way stretch 90% Nylon 10% Spandex material . This is the correct material that we are looking for and its MATTE , not shinny . So i bought both the NAVY BLUE Glissenette and Glissenette (White) (Matte) each 3 yards as sample for testing .

View attachment 272640

Great progress! I've been interested in this technique since I first saw it on the Superman Returns suit. I'll be following this thread.

Do you know if dying the white fabric to a navy blue will affect the silicone printing?

Wow, I'll definitely following this thread. I loved the MOS designs and would love to see a the suit brought to life in such high quality.

Looking very good. Silicone printing huh! it is almost an effect that shoe companys use.

SUBSCRIBED!!

Wow, I'll definitely following this thread. I loved the MOS designs and would love to see a the suit brought to life in such high quality.

Thanks bro , yeah ... love this design from few leaks pics before the movie , especially the color and the texture , it do looks like a rubber suit from the first look .:D

Looking very good. Silicone printing huh! it is almost an effect that shoe companys use.

SUBSCRIBED!!

Yeah... some sort like printing brand label on sports wear .

Finally the Fabric material ....... received Both color of fabric few days ago . Its an awesome quality Fabric , the White Matte Glissenette is 4 way stretch and surprising strength , its quite heavy material , and quite thick . I think we already found the correct one . :D

Pic of the White Matte Glissenette , as u can see the transparency .

IMG_8645.jpg

I used my full Chrome Iron man MARK II helmet to test the effect of transparency on chrome .

IMG_8650.jpgIMG_8651.jpg

Couple of questions
1) For the material you said was too shiny to print on, you mentioned it's a lycra/spandex, but what kind -- poly, cotton or nylon?
2) Given how see-thru this newer material is that you're looking into (nylon-spandex), I'm assuming you plan on making the silver muscle suit to go underneath? If so, how would you make it generically to fit on multiple sized people? (I'm new to this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question).

Couple of questions
1) For the material you said was too shiny to print on, you mentioned it's a lycra/spandex, but what kind -- poly, cotton or nylon?
2) Given how see-thru this newer material is that you're looking into (nylon-spandex), I'm assuming you plan on making the silver muscle suit to go underneath? If so, how would you make it generically to fit on multiple sized people? (I'm new to this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question).

Thanks for the question . For the first fabric that a member sent to me , im not sure what kind of material , ive been told that its Lycra or spandex , its also 4 way stretch , similar as swim suit or cat suit material . I sent the fabric to the texture printing factory , unfortunately they came back to me as said cant print on the surface .

So , i also sent the Glissenette materiel to the factory , with great news , its printable . Guess will have to follow the movie accurate way to create the suit .

Yes , will make an silver shiny undersuit wear underneath . Im also sculpting a muscle mannequin for display the suit in my props office . It may be difficult to convert into muscle suit to fit on average body size .

This is just the first few hours of sculpting progress ....... this will be finished in Chrome or silver Mannequin for suit display .

2014-01-18 10.44.28.png1395228_670825342927678_512348822_n.jpg

Flexdesignscostumes.com makes muscle suit that are very realistic with vains and all. Mine will be arriving Wednesday. So basically there is that route as well if need be and Yes they have a metallic muscle suit as well that shimmers.

Flexdesignscostumes.com makes muscle suit that are very realistic with vains and all. Mine will be arriving Wednesday. So basically there is that route as well if need be and Yes they have a metallic muscle suit as well that shimmers.

Thanks for link , yeah they also offer custom made muscle suit that all members can look into it....

Would u mind to share more info and pics with us after your custom metallic muscle suit arrived ? :D . Thanks bro .

This is turning out awesome!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Masked Rider you've done it again! I've been seeing a ton of your stuff on the forums and I'm a huge fan of your work.
I'm even MORE excited to see you're tackling a MOS Suit!

I cannot wait to see how this project comes along as this is definitely a sit I wish to acquire. Was thinking I would but I dont' want to relive the old El Don Nasty saga of the past lol

I can't wait to see more pics. this is gonna be amazing!

Getting closer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question.
That picture on the table behind the chest sculpt. Is it a pic of your sculpt or a picture from the production of the movie?

Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out :D

Thanks bro .

This is turning out awesome!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Thanks bro .

Masked Rider you've done it again! I've been seeing a ton of your stuff on the forums and I'm a huge fan of your work.
I'm even MORE excited to see you're tackling a MOS Suit!

I cannot wait to see how this project comes along as this is definitely a sit I wish to acquire. Was thinking I would but I dont' want to relive the old El Don Nasty saga of the past lol

I can't wait to see more pics. this is gonna be amazing!

Wow.... thanks for the kind words bro . glad u like my stuff ...as for Man of steel suit , this is just the beginning ...:D

Awesome work so far. Definitely watching this thread!

Thanks bro .

Getting closer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question.
That picture on the table behind the chest sculpt. Is it a pic of your sculpt or a picture from the production of the movie?

Thanks , im using more pics as reference , most of the muscular body ..... also some screen shot of the muscle suit parts sculpture , its very blur and i used it as reference to sculpt the body shape .

Pls excuse the delay of showing all the Blue fabric that i got with the white one . The Blue Glissenette is only 2 way stretch , so it cant stretch more .... so cant use this to make the suit , but the Color is closer enough as the color that we are looking for . But its still has some shinny on the surface . So i believe , Matte material will be the correct one .

Some pics of the Blue fabric , also tested the effect on my Iron man MARK II chromed helmet . Some in dark area , some reflect with light .

IMG_8655.jpg

IMG-20140108-WA0001.jpgIMG_8660.jpg

IMG-20140108-WA0012.jpg429880_10152869746500085_316150769_n.jpg

9640434842_75d3ae67d8_o (1).jpgIMG-20140108-WA0013.jpg

599308_565957503449456_1722758409_n.jpgIMG-20140108-WA0007.jpgsuperman suit man steel (1).jpg

67033_597289840316975_10586367_n.jpgIMG-20140108-WA0014.jpg

These are all the pics i took in different lighting to see the effect , compared to some pics of the suit , not sure is this the correct way , but u can see the color is quite accurate ....lol...

Let me know what do u all think ?

Attachments

• 9640434842_75d3ae67d8_o (1).jpg
    9640434842_75d3ae67d8_o (1).jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 705
Last edited:

I dig the colour! It seems noticeably more saturated than the movie version. I imagine once you get the silicone printed on it it'll pull the saturation down a bit. But honestly, I kind of like your colour more than the movie suit. It's a little less Snyder and a little more Fleischer.

I'm LOVING this thread. Great stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back