New airsoft sterling MK4 soon released

I may pick up one or two depending on price. Should be pretty simple to mod the muzzle to look like an MGC, then you would have a decent starting point for a ROTJ E-111, although it would still need some work.

Robert

Careful on this one, folks. As we are here to replicate our costumes accurately, someone can have million dollar RS or Troopermaster armor and top it off with a $5 blaster. What sense does that make? Although metal, this Sterling mock up will take so much tweeking, and modifying to get it to E-11 standards for basic acceptance. The ejection port will need reshaping, the ejection port shell defector shield is not the right shape or in the correct position, the front muzzle vent shield is the wrong shape, the front muzzle itself is too long, the trigger guard is the wrong shape. The front sight is the wrong shape.....I don't want to beat this up too bad, but we all need to consider where our money is best spent.

Careful on this one, folks. As we are here to replicate our costumes accurately, someone can have million dollar RS or Troopermaster armor and top it off with a $5 blaster. What sense does that make? Although metal, this Sterling mock up will take so much tweeking, and modifying to get it to E-11 standards for basic acceptance. The ejection port will need reshaping, the ejection port shell defector shield is not the right shape or in the correct position, the front muzzle vent shield is the wrong shape, the front muzzle itself is too long, the trigger guard is the wrong shape. The front sight is the wrong shape.....I don't want to beat this up too bad, but we all need to consider where our money is best spent.

Seems like you missed the point that this airsoft is based on the MGC sterling, which is a replica of the L2A3 already...people are fully aware of the differences. They just want it for the coolness factor of having a metal -shooting- E-11 or probably use it as a base for the ROTJ E-11 / DH17 (both of these were based on the MGC).

Markus

Last edited:
Careful on this one, folks. As we are here to replicate our costumes accurately...

Uh... no.

First off, welcome to the board. I think will be enjoy yourself here.

While we endeavor for accurate information about original props and costumes, the purpose of this board is to bring people together others who share the interest in many aspects relating to real, conceptual, and replicated props and building techniques. This board can serve its purpose to a member even if that member never builds or owns a prop/costume or replica.

Furthermore, a member should not feel as though he/she is not meeting board expectations just because they create a replica that is not what most would be considered accurate. The board serves to learn and/or distribute as much info about an item as possible but the member either by design and/or limitations makes their own choice as to the level of accuracy to the replica they build or obtain.

In this case of the upcoming airsoft Sterling, a member here may have a desire to own a metal E-11. This member may not have the funds to buy a rebuilt Sterling nor do the have the tools or skills to to rebuild one or make one from scratch. However, he/she may be able to purchase an airsoft and components to assemble one of his own. As such, this member may turn to this board for:

• is this item going to meet their personal needs
  • best place to purchase items
  • example of similar builds
  • reference images
  • options for components based on budget
  • ways to modify for higher accuracy within their abilities
  • and most importantly... support

Have fun.

Hey Frank

I am sure gazmosis is an active member of the 501st, based on his comment about "standards for basic acceptance".
That in mind, his points might by valid.

BUT this is not the 501st, but the RPF so "our rules" apply, which you already listed up perfectly :thumbsup

Markus

Last edited:
IT has been my experience that if someone is going to invest their money then it should be invested without regret. All too often I have heard of people making investments only to beat themselves up later because what they purchased was either not what they expected or not correct for their application. No this is NOT the 501st, but a prop is a prop. If "close" is good enough then rock on! There are two sides to every coin. I was merely pointing out the "other" side

Depending on price and availability I may just have to pick one of these up. I've gone back and forth over the last few years about getting one in some form or another, whether it be a rebuilt Sterling from actual parts or a replica. I'd prefer to have the base gun and mod it into a E-11 rather than have to build the base.

The new airsoft replica is more than adequate to qualify for Level 3 Certification (highest level) from the 501st for a ROTJ Stormtrooper.
501st Legion: Vader's Fist

The blaster currently listed as an example in the 501st guidelines is FAR more inaccurate than the airsoft:
501st Legion: Vader's Fist

The 501st goes to great lengths to ensure that information that is provided is correct for that application. Screen used images and archive resources are used to obtain this information. I can assure you that the above statement is NOT true in any way.

The 501st goes to great lengths to ensure that information that is provided is correct for that application. Screen used images and archive resources are used to obtain this information. I can assure you that the above statement is NOT true in any way.

So the blaster pictured on the 501st's own website is NOT Level 3 certified?

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the ROTJ version of the E-11. You'll see the airsoft is not too far off from the screen used props.
Here's a link to some nice pictures:
sterling 9mm
All of these points you posted earlier are incorrect...

However... Like pointed out, the airsoft would make a KILLER base for the ROTJ blasters AND is a great alternative for those, who want to have "a" metal, maybe even shooting E11 in their collection.

I am just curious about the price?!

Markus

I've seen reports of people buying the wise-lite arms version for less than that and those are actual firing rebuilt guns.

For 300 or so i'd have been in, for 500, i'm out too.

Price makes me wonder if they think SW fans are going fall over themselves trying to get one.

Not really a surprise. The real problem is that it is a working air soft so you are paying for that functionality. But most of the people here do not really care about that. Still wish Denix would jump into the ring.

For $518 I'm out. For a little more I could buy a real demilled one.

Maybe the price will drop after the initial hype.

for a little LESS I can buy a real demilled one here in Germany :p
anyway...might still be a good alternative to the rare MGC sterling, which I have seen going for way more than $500

Denix would be my hope as well....I LOVEtheir STGW44, and this sells as cheap as 169Euro :)

Markus

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back