1/6 Scale - TARDIS from Doctor Who

Finally getting a little time in the shop for personal stuff
tardislights002.pngtardislights001.png

Last edited:
Been needing more progress of this awesome kit!!!
I know mine is waiting until I finish some sculpting commissions, but I really want to finish it and move on to the Smith version, wink wink nudge nudge.

LOL yeah me too I have Peter Capaldi coming to Dallas in June and have to have something for him to sign

Ok it has been a while since I updated but I have made some awesome progress. Here is the lights and sounds test I did today.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a BEAUTY Greg! Great work on the sound and light effects! I'm so jealous since mine is not yet completed.
I hope we see the Smith / Capaldi version soon ;).

awesome! I've recently bought the Big Chief Studios TARDIS and I want to upgrade the lights to something brighter and possibly sound exactly like this. I need to learn how first though lol.. I don't suppose you'd ever be selling just kits of the lighting/sound from this?

awesome! I've recently bought the Big Chief Studios TARDIS and I want to upgrade the lights to something brighter and possibly sound exactly like this. I need to learn how first though lol.. I don't suppose you'd ever be selling just kits of the lighting/sound from this?

Send me a PM and we can talk

Now to some beauty shots.

bluecallbox246.pngbluecallbox245.pngbluecallbox244.png~

bluecallbox243.png

bluecallbox244.png

bluecallbox245.png

bluecallbox246.png

Well after talking to Vash I decided to try a different approach to this. Instead of etching and then painting and peeling the masking off, I took masking off painted it all black and just etched everything but the letters. Now you get a nice raised letter look. There are some etch lines but I am going to shoot a few coats of future on it tomorrow and see if I can get it leveled out.

View attachment 533825View attachment 533824View attachment 533823View attachment 533822

This is brilliant - I love how you achieved that effect! The tiny scale door latch really does it for me, I think that's fantastic.

A tiny minor detail that might be useful (or annoying, sorry) - I can't speak for the Smith TARDIS but the S8/9 one - it's Times for the top text, Gil Sans for the middle text, and VAG Rounded for the bottom, rather than VAG for the middle and bottom.

This is brilliant - I love how you achieved that effect! The tiny scale door latch really does it for me, I think that's fantastic.

A tiny minor detail that might be useful (or annoying, sorry) - I can't speak for the Smith TARDIS but the S8/9 one - it's Times for the top text, Gil Sans for the middle text, and VAG Rounded for the bottom, rather than VAG for the middle and bottom.

yeah I just used the tenant sign art that I had done for the door decal to test it. Once I get into production on those, I will correct it :)

G

this is great, Watson... i wish you could put up more videos about the build!! I'm so eager to do this, but would love to see the whole thing before I go in and screw something up...

That's my build that Greg just mentioned.
I have more pictures as well but didn't post them all to my site.
No videos of the build but I plan to take some better videos of the lights & sounds.
I'm happy to help if you have any questions, need to know more details of what I did or want to bounce ideas around.

speaking of scale Tardis, is there any 1/18 scale version ? I really would love to place one together with my 1/18 SunStar BTTF flying DeLorean.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back