Most Anticipated Movies of 2014

What is your most anticipated movie of 2014?

• The Monuments Men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RoboCop

• The Grand Budapest Hotel

• Need for Speed

• Divergent

• Muppets Most Wanted

• Noah

• The Raid 2: Berandal

• Maleficent

• How to Train Your Dragon 2

• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

• Jupiter Ascending

• Hercules

• The Expendables 3

• Resident Evil 6

• The Boxtrolls

• Big Hero 6

• Dumb and Dumber To

• Total voters

Vivek

Master Member
Vote for your most anticipated movie of 2014 and list your other anticipated movies in the comments. Choose one movie from the above poll of 36 options to cast your vote.

For a more complete list of movies releasing in 2014, click here.

Heavy Future: My 30 Most Anticipated Movies of 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is my most anticipated film of 2014, followed by Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy.

My 30 most anticipated movies of 2014 are listed below in release date order.

Click on the release dates to view the trailers/info clips. Some of the images will be updated once the official posters get released.

1. The LEGO Movie February 7

2. The Monuments Men February 7

3. The Grand Budapest Hotel March 7

4. Need for Speed March 14

5. Veronica Mars March 14

6. Divergent March 21

7. Noah March 28

8. The Raid 2: Berandal March 28

9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier April 4

10. Transcendence April 18

11. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 May 2

12. Neighbors May 9

13. Chef May 9

14. Godzilla May 16

15. X-Men: Days of Future Past May 23

16. Edge of Tomorrow June 6

17. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes July 11

18. Jupiter Ascending July 18

19. Guardians of the Galaxy August 1

20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles August 8

21. Lucy August 8

22. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For August 22

23. Gone Girl October 3

24. Big Hero 6 November 7

25. Interstellar November 7

26. Dumb and Dumber To November 14

27. Fury November 14

28. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 November 21

29. Exodus December 12

30. The Hobbit: There and Back Again December 17

Last edited:
I went with Guardians of the Galaxy for my vote. There are actually quite a few on that list that I will definitely be seeing in theaters, which is unusual as the past couple years there have only been 1-2 movies each year that I actually had to go see in theaters.

Here's a list of the ones I will more than likely see in theaters :popcorn

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past
4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
5. Resident Evil 6
6. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

And these I will wait for DVD :cheers

1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (still haven't gotten around to watching Catching Fire)
2. The Hobbit: There and Back Again (I waited until all three LoTR movies were out on DVD to watch them, and I'm doing the same with these)
3. Interstellar
4. Transcendence
5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
6. Robocop
7. Godzilla
8. Veronica Mars

There are a few more I will be waiting for on DVD, but I won't bother listing them all...

I had a really hard time choosing. In the end I went with Hunger Games because I'm really curious how well the final book in the series will be adapted to film.

Fury Road is scheduled for 2015.

First it was rumored and/or in development forever. Last year it was this year. This year it's next year. I get the feeling I'm never gonna see this movie. I guess I've got nothing to look forward to until 2015, and maybe not even then!

movieprop.jpg Monkey King 3d (Est Jan 30 China, ?? US) A $100 million re-telling of the traditional Monkey King fables. They spent $7 million on those life-size figures for the theaters. Meanwhile, US promotion is near-nil. And it's a trilogy. But their dragon shows up the first film.

You should add the upcoming Brad Pitt WWII movie called Fury to the list, it also stars everyone's favorite Transformers star and Indy co-star, Shia Lebouf. Although the name is Fury it's not about Nick Fury in WW II or anything like that, it's about a Sherman tank crew and a secret (I think) mission that they'll have to perform. One of the highlights, for me at least, will be that it will feature a real working Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger, in fact it's the only currently working Tiger in the world from the Coventry Tank Museum in Britain.

Right, I originally planned to include Fury and few others in the poll list. The list ended being nearly 50 movies, but then I decided to scale down the list to be under 40 movies instead. But if you notice my opening post, Fury is listed in my personal list of 30 movies along with the cast photo.

A shame we can't vote for more than one ! In the end, I chose The Amazing Spider-Man 2 because I loved what they did with the first movie of this reboot and I want to see if they can do even better with the second one ! Maleficent wasn't far behind...

I've always been a SCI FI and Fantasy fan. I picked the Hobbit because it's one of the biggest and most recognized fantasy franchises. Tolkien made a whole fantasy world early on and it has lasted this long and is just now completing it's final story. Love Smaug.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back