Sherlock Season 3

kalkamel

Master Member
Just caught the first episode, "The Empty Hearse" and loved it! The scenarios thought up by Donovan and his gang about how Sherlock survived the fall were hilarious! :lol Can't wait for the next one.

For a minute I thought the one in the beginning was how he actually did it, right until the end when he went in through the window.

Yeah, they caught me with the first scenario too. Part of me was like "Ooooo I want a Sherlock lifemask prop!" and the other part was "No, PLEASE don't let this be real!"

I know how you felt - I was sitting there saying "Derren Brown? Seriously?! Derren effing Brown?!"

Edit: I did, however, giggle at the Fangirl's slash-fic theory.

Last edited:
Edit: I did, however, giggle at the Fangirl's slash-fic theory.

Yeah, that had me in stitches! :lol

I can't wait to see the second episode, though. The end scene of "The Empty Hearse" showed as a glimpse of Lars Mikkelsen as Sherlock's new nemesis... that should be an interesting face-off.

Am I crazy, or did Molly's "Fake" Sherlock fiancée look a little bit like Johnny Lee Miller in Elementary? I'm not saying its the same actor, but I think they did a little "dig" at the American rip-off. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

For ****** sake, Elementary is no more a ripoff than Sherlock. They're just different takes on the character. Elementary is by far the most out there version of the character I've seen, too. It's a great show in it's own right. I'd love to know if anybody giving it crap actually bothered to watch it, the first season finale was fantastic.

And apart from him having shorter blonde hair, no I didn't see the resemblance at all.

I thought Molly's fiancee looked a bit like Sherlock himself... tall, skinny, scarf and big coat, and that that was the joke, i.e. Molly's so Sherlock'd. :lol

It wasn't just a similar coat, it was his exact coat, and shoes too. Surprised they didn't just give him the same shirt and scarf, too.

Just watched the second episode. Very funny. If you don't get half way through and think. 'What the hell is this leading up to?' I'll be amazed :lol

Best Best Man's speech ever!

Done with episode 2, And while I liked it I wish they'd go back to the grittier, more serious tone of the previous seasons, and more serious cases too. They are not as intricate and smart as before, and sherlock's deduction skills are a bit too underused for my taste.
Too much comedy, not enough drama and mystery, but as usual top notch quality acting from every actors.

Agreed. The Sign of Four is my favorite Holmes story so I was kinda disappointed that they didn't give it a proper story treatment in the second episode, like what they did with Hound.

For ****** sake, Elementary is no more a ripoff than Sherlock. They're just different takes on the character. Elementary is by far the most out there version of the character I've seen, too. It's a great show in it's own right. I'd love to know if anybody giving it crap actually bothered to watch it, the first season finale was fantastic.

I've seen two episodes and didn't like either one. I think it's because Sherlock is so quintessentially British, and the show seems to be written at a more US experience. Can't have him using stimulants, so he has to be a recovering addict because drugs are bad and just say no. Also, in the episode where Sherlock and Joan go to London, Rhys Ifans plays Mycroft and Sherlock blew up his stuff in storage with an IED. Keep in mind, this is England. Something like that would have been a *huge* no-no, but he pulls it off as casually as I tie my shoes, and with about as much repercussion.

I don't "see" Holmes' deductive abilities in this show. I have yet to even see him demonstrate it. If I were to watch the show cold and no names were mentioned, I honestly don't think I would put it together. Hell, House did a better job of showing the connection than this show.

And don't get me started on Moriarty and The Woman.

Sherlock, in all ways, outclasses Elementary in the updated Holmes category, from writing to acting to faithfulness to the original stories and continuity.

Yes, the drunken Sherlock/Watson bromance was great ("He's clue-ing for looks"), but I can't help wanting to know more about those cases Sherlock mentioned in his speech.
Last episode he's fresh out of hiding, this episode it seems he's been back long enough to have quite a few cases, re-build his following, get used to John's fiancée (enough to recognise when her eating habits change) and to be accustomed to being 'parented' by them. I just feel we've been cheated out of several episodes worth of stories.
Maybe Moffat should let someone else take over on Who, so he can concentrate on giving us more Sherlock.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back