As a kid, what's your favorite gift?

Murdoch

Sr Member
When i was a kid, maybe 8 or 9 i had received a remote controlled fire truck. It had a big honking cord with a huge controller. But i absolutely loved it. I have gotten better gifts as a kid i guess, but this is the one that stuck with me. Which may explain why red is my favorite color. So what is yours?

It was Christmas of 1981 and I got the Millenium Falcon. Played with that thing everyday until the next Christmas when I got into G.I. Joes.

1987 was a good year! I'll never forget when I got this:

2ad0a75c-064f-4952-bd9d-42f28da5f590.jpg

It was HUGE and aside from getting the GI Joe Night Raven the year before, this was the biggest toy I ever had!

I had a TOS trek phaser that shot plastic discs. No idea how accurate it was (this was back in the 70s) but I played with it so much it actually cracked in half. I've looked around to see if I could pick up another but have never seen it listed -can't even find a reference pic.

Castle Grayskull! I was 4 years old and couldn't pronounce it properly! My poor parents searched everywhere for a Castle Rayskob. They finally took me to the store with them and an employee figured out what they were talking about when I grabbed a toy sword and yelled out "I have the power!" as loud as possible! Mom took me to get ice cream and dad bought it and ran it out to the car before I could see it.

RC Helicopter or Airplane! I was 6 years old then :lol

When Gundam Model Kits came out the market mainly the Gundam Wing Model Kits, it became my dream christmas gift when I was 8

I had a TOS trek phaser that shot plastic discs. No idea how accurate it was (this was back in the 70s) but I played with it so much it actually cracked in half. I've looked around to see if I could pick up another but have never seen it listed -can't even find a reference pic.

I had this too!

Attachments

• 2c278a9617781abf203f315fbd33f148f9301c2a.jpg
    2c278a9617781abf203f315fbd33f148f9301c2a.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 137
....or was it this? (which I also had!)

Attachments

• Star_Trek_Tracer_Gun_Canadian_MOC_1.jpg
    Star_Trek_Tracer_Gun_Canadian_MOC_1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 131
Mine was a thing called Hands Up Harry. It was a cowboy villain about 30 inches tall made out of 1/4 inch plywood or something similar. You had a dart gun that you could shoot the guns out his hands, his hat off his head and if you hit his belt buckle, his pants dropped down. I loved that thing and played with it until I discovered Major Matt Mason.

Edit - I found a couple of photos:
Hands Up Harry.jpg HandsUpHarry3.jpg

Last edited:
I got almost all the available Armies of Middle Earth figures at the time, with Helms Deep the Moria Balrog playsets. I also got about 8 LOTR 6 inch figures that year. It was hands down the best Christmas, even though I wasn't exactly a kid.

I had so many favorites through the years. The earliest I can remember were GI Joes in the late 60s. The diver was pretty cool, sit him in the bath tub and blow into the air line, it made bubbles come out of the helmet.
ropes_of_danger.jpg

The jeep with the tow behind cannon was also cool, working headlights too.
1115_2_lg.jpg

Joe toys reached their pinnacle with the Mercury space capsule, coolness times a million.
spacewlk.jpg

The Star Trek utility belt was cool, though the props were kid sized.
Remco02.jpg

The Space: 1999 Eagle toy was awesome, it seemed HUGE at the time. Of course at 3 feet it was pretty big :)
space1999eagle1024_zpsba9b4577.jpg

I saw the flashlight phaser on ebay just a few weeks ago.
_3_zps7797fc20.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back