As a kid, what's your favorite gift?

I got a Millenium Falcon as well back in '79, however another one of my favourites that stands out is this:

csftrek.jpg

Star Trek "Controlled Space Flight" Whirlybird Enterprise. Many hours were spent commanding the Enterprise to use the little hook and pick up those vital... uhh... important cargo thingies. :lol

Whe she finally had to be decommissioned, that "Whirlybird Enterprise" was used in a home movie with friends for some "no budget" special effects! :thumbsup :lol

Recently saw one go up on ebay, but sold for way more than I would have paid (in the $200 range I think).

Kevin

The big space 1999 Eagle....was that 1976?? 1977 I got a Tie Fighter from Grandma and Grandpa and a new quilt. Loved both.

I also got a toy called Vertibird / Chopper Command. It was a helicopter that flew in circles with a semi remote that you could make it go up down forward and back. I destroyed that thing!!!

Kevin!!! Thats the reworkd toy that im talking about. Wow, its even cooler as the Enterprise.

'76 sounds right for the Eagle, I have a tough time with, ah, time :) I remember the Vertibird Enterprise, never had it though.

I had the Mego Enterprise playset, the TV ad said it came with five action figures. Nope, no figures included. The local news even did a story on it, they opened one up on camera to show nothing inside.

- - - Updated - - -

'76 sounds right for the Eagle, I have a tough time with, ah, time :) I remember the Vertibird Enterprise, never had it though.

I had the Mego Enterprise playset, the TV ad said it came with five action figures. Nope, no figures included. The local news even did a story on it, they opened one up on camera to show nothing inside.

Buzz Lightyear, the movie scale toy one. I saw Toy Story dozens of time during my childhood, and was fascinated by him. One day when I was hospitalised I saw another little kid with a talking, wings opening Buzz Lightyear and that was a revelation since I didn't know those existed. To this day I have 9 different ones, alongside 4 Woody's, 2 Jessie's and several other toys from the movie. I still buy them whenever a new one is released ! I still need Bullseye and Emperor Zurg, both at the correct scale though. Funny fact : in french Buzz Lightyear is actually called Buzz L'éclair, which you could translate by Buzz Lightning !

I too cannot pin point one particular gift or year. I look back over all my childhood years and every Christmas provided me with tons of favorites. With each new year came a new toy that I received and loved to death. I wish I could have saved them all. My parents really did a good job making my childhood a happy one :)

I almost forgot about this one! It was the coupe de grace of my G.I. Joe toys!:
post-905-1275917243.jpg

Look at those missiles! Cuba was even afraid of this thing I bet! :lol

Attachments

• post-905-1275917243.jpg
    post-905-1275917243.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 118
Man, its funny how you can almost pinpoint members age by what toys they got as kids.

A couple more, Big Trak with the dump truck trailer, an Estes Model rocket of the Space Shuttle, Evil Kenevil Stunt Bike (stripped the gears bare from playing with it so much), a Shogun Warrior.......

http://www.allspark.com/forums/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-905-1275917243.jpg

That was one of the last GI toys i got before i got out of action figures as a kid. I wish i'd kept it, and many others, and i'm still finding bits of it around the yard lol. I'm kicking myself for returning the GIJoe space shuttle on xmas because they forgot to put the pilot in it. I should have kept the thing.

I had the Rolling Thunder also! That was probably the biggest GI Joe toy I had. My friend had the carrier, but I nuked it with this thing once. :lol

When my nephew got a Hasbro FX lightsaber (the kid sized version) I said "When I was a kid all we had was a colored tube that made noise when air went over it..." Yeah that's when I got old. :lol

My favorite Christmas gift that I still play with.

View attachment 268963

My family received a NES from a anonymous giver one year. It blew me away because that gift was very expensive and everyone loved it. It is that generosity that formed my life and now that I do well on my own I am able to return the favor for others.

That being said, I would have to say that when I look across my Childhood of Christmas presents the most memorable was the Nerf Bow and Arrow Set. I think I was 9 or 10 (4th Grade is all I remember) The toy had just come out recently and the commercials were still on the TV. I was so amazed and I can still feel the plastic of the handle as I would sit there watching TV with it after a long day of backyard archery.

My family received a NES from a anonymous giver one year. It blew me away because that gift was very expensive and everyone loved it. It is that generosity that formed my life and now that I do well on my own I am able to return the favor for others.

That being said, I would have to say that when I look across my Childhood of Christmas presents the most memorable was the Nerf Bow and Arrow Set. I think I was 9 or 10 (4th Grade is all I remember) The toy had just come out recently and the commercials were still on the TV. I was so amazed and I can still feel the plastic of the handle as I would sit there watching TV with it after a long day of backyard archery.

[url]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/Donberto17/siktf_bow_741831_zps44ede9c8.jpg[/URL]

I had one of those too!! I loved it!!

I remember i got the NES in 89-90 and it was still an expensive gift for christmas. I blame the atari 2600 for starting the addiction and it was a random gift mom got us one year. I remember she had it in secret layaway at Hills.

Wow,... What a Good Question.....

A new Schwinn Bike...
Smash Up Derby
Evel Knievel w/ Stunt Cycle
We had a BetaMax, and my Dad bought me a Copy of Flesh Gordon... Which I watched repeatedly until my dyslexic father realized what he had purchased.... All my friends thought he was the Coolest dad ever though...

Dude,.. Thanks for the laugh.

Snoose

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back