Using Resin or Bondo on cardboard help/advice/tips

eastWOLFstyle

Hi, I'm a now seriously attempting to make armor for my upcoming cosplays and since I have a whole month off from college I thought I'd start now. I'm working on armor for NYCC 2014 and I want to know if I use cardboard to make a helmet can I use fiberglass and resin and then bondo to harden it? Or should I just use bondo? I want the helmet to last and be strong, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm a now seriously attempting to make armor for my upcoming cosplays and since I have a whole month off from college I thought I'd start now. I'm working on armor for NYCC 2014 and I want to know if I use cardboard to make a helmet can I use fiberglass and resin and then bondo to harden it? Or should I just use bondo? I want the helmet to last and be strong, any help would be greatly appreciated!

You need the fibreglass and resin to give it some strength, bondo over cardboard could easily crack as the cardboard bends and gives.

Brush a coat or 2 of resin over the cardboard model, a layer or 2 of fibreglass on the inside and then bondo over the top/outside and sand etc into shape and detail.

What helmet you making?

Thank you I wasn't really sure and wanted to know what to buy first. I'm working on Arcane Green Lantern from the Infinite Crisis game
Infinite_Crisis-Arcane_Green_Lantern_Statue-02.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back