Furious 7 (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Re: Fast & Furious 7

Actors to double for Paul Walker on 'Fast & Furious 7' - report - MSN Movies News

From the article:

"Producers behind the latest "Fast and Furious" movie have reportedly hired body doubles to stand in for late castmember Paul Walker now filming has resumed.

The shoot was put on hiatus last year following Walker's death in a car crash in November, and it was unclear how the project would proceed without the actor, who was part-way through filming the blockbuster when he passed away.

"Fast & Furious 7" has now resumed production and reports suggest four actors have been hired to double for Walker, while computer-generated imagery will be used to include the star's likeness.

A source tells the New York Daily News, "They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base. Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI."

A similar technique was employed after Oliver Reed died during the filming of 2000 epic "Gladiator." The veteran actor passed away before all his scenes had been shot, so producers added him into the movie using a body double combined with CGI graphics.

"Fast & Furious 7," which also stars Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson, is set for release in 2015. "

Although not as extensive as the two mentioned they did something similar when Brandon Lee was killed filming The Crow.

I've watched a few FF films,while not really my thing I wish them well with all that's happened with one of the main guys getting killed.

The F&F franchise really became a different show with #1-3 and then #4-6. If you've only seen among the first 3 then you might not be giving it a fair shake.

Interesting that they've hired 4 different doubles.

They probably hired several guys just to speed up production & post. But I wonder if there might be an unintended upside - if the dimensions of the double keep jumping around then the audience will have a harder time picking out when it's Paul and when it's not. Especially with the CGI head/face replacements probably showing up all over the place.

------

I saw it and liked it. I think 5 and 6 May have been better but it was still what you would expect. Action movie with cars. I couldn't tell me bich scenes were the double. I also liked the very end and the tribute to Paul.

Really looking forward to seeing this! Just gotta get the Missus on board :rolleyes :angry

cars and women and ott stunts. What I expected to be honest. thought it went too far for me. I know there's going to be ridiculous stunts. Which I don't mind. Its too many one liners that made me cringe and the film hard to watch. 'release the beast' etc. Just felt a bit 'too much'. even when I went in accepting that stunts were going to be unrealistic. I've seen the others. I knew what to expect. But still.....

Thought the tribute was done well. 5 remains my favourite.

Not awful. But doubt I'll watch it again until time to refresh for the next one.

J

Mainly the ones that moved fast. The doubles generally had bits blocking part of there face/camera was far away. The beach at the end I believe. I found the most notable ones were the stuntmen. The fight in the bus. Most of the cgi wizardry I noticed was taking Paul from other films. Im surprised I didn't notice more then I did after they got 4 doubles.

I May still buy the Blu-ray as although I didn't really like the film, I like to watch the features and it may be interesting. Will see when the list drops.

Last edited:
Seemed fake is an understatement....it was definitely fake. It's fictional. ..j/k, I liked the over top moments, I mean, everything is sheer luck for these guys. How does a drone kill so many innocent bystanders without hitting itit's target? How much steroids do I need to take to get out of an arm cast by flexing? Why do people who have a clear chance at killing me choose to give me a love tap instead kicking me off a bus? (Looking at you Tony Jaa!)
How does an ambulance obtain enough speed to match a drones AND perfectly time it's attack?

Then I remember all the other FFs and shrug and chuckle in my seat. Storyline is far more coherent and human than any of the Transformers. And that's not good or bad, it just is.

Just saw it on IMAX. Fun, fun movie. Another great installment. And a very good, thoughtful tribute to Paul. Very classy. RIP Paul.

Just got back from seeing this and honestly I think it's one of the best action movies I've ever seen. This franchise started out as a bit of a joke and the first four movies are definitely hit-and-miss, but ever since Fast Five they have really upped the ante and made some truly awesome movies. Obviously it's over the top and fake, but if you like gun fights, hand to hand combat, car chases and complete destruction I can't think of a recent flick that does it better. Two thumbs way up for this one. (y)thumbsup

main-qimg-4489dfd6ebf36735ed2cdc401795ae70

Utterly preposterous, ridiculous, and unrealistic. Barely a whisper of a plot, cardboard characters spewing the same tired/recycled dialog, and it stretched the limits of believably miles beyond the breaking point. That being said, it was entertaining as all hell! Even though I laughed at the absurdity of it in may places, still it was an absolute blast. Loads of fun.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back