Planet Explorer

yuumi2891103

Master Member
Hi!

That was a tough year to me but the things are getting better and now I'm going to start to build the new model.
So far there is nothing interesting pics to show you but I wanted to say Merry Christmas to you all.
:)

IMG_20131203_092315_zpshtd4hppf.jpg

IMG_20131213_121828_zpsuvswuqka.jpg

I will post further progress soon.

katsu

FINALLY! welcome back Katsu-san! we've missed your talent. Hope the worst is behind you and looking forward to your latest brilliance!

Thank everyone! I'm so happy to back here and share my build with you again.

I had lost my PC by sudden thunderbolt last summer and I'm now using a tablet PC .:(

Just a little progress today. I have been thinking about the design of the cockpit canopy. It took time but I could manage to shape it up with a block of balsa wood.

I think the canopy dome should be a bit bigger than this.

Thanks for looking,

Katsu

Last edited:
You're absence has been keenly felt -very glad to have you back and hope the worst is behind you.

Can't wait to see what you come up with on this build.

KATSU-SAN!!! I have missed you, my friend! I hope your family is well, and I wish you many blessings. :) I subscribed immediately, of course. Welcome back to the show.

You're absence has been keenly felt -very glad to have you back and hope the worst is behind you.

Can't wait to see what you come up with on this build.

KATSU-SAN!!! I have missed you, my friend! I hope your family is well, and I wish you many blessings. :) I subscribed immediately, of course. Welcome back to the show.

snow builder-san, cadeus-san,

Thank you very much for your walm words, my friends.
My famiIies are all well and I'm going to forget about the past bad things.
I don't know if this model will be good or failed, I want to enjoy pure joy of build.
Thanks again !

Katsu

Thanks to your kind support and friendship, I could get back and start it up.
Many ideas are bouncing in my head but I don't know it works.XD
I hope you enjoy the progress with me, Tom -san.

The christmas that just keeps on giving...keep them coming ...after finding one of your ships in some random image search i ended up here, so I have you to thank for that by the way..and also giving me courage to begin questioning whey A should be glued to B. THanks..oh and Keep em coming.

Thank you for stopping by and your comment. It really makes me feel happy.
Its rather some kind of boring pics I posted so far but thank you very much for looking at my work.
All the best and wish you have a very merry Xmas.:D
Katsu

Yay, Katsu's back!!! :D

None of your pics are boring my friend, it always impresses me how your amazing creations start from such humble beginnings, and I also love the creative freedome you embrace with each piece, and the worlds you create around them. Each one is a saga and worth every moment, thank you for sharing Katsu :cheers

You are welcome, Canobi-san, And thank you for looking.
This time Id like to try to build the detailed cockpit and interia .
I hope I could make it.
Thank you,
katsu

Katsu-san,

Even though you're off to a humble beginning with this new project, I'm sure you'll continue to show off all your talent as a model builder! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your new design.

In regards to the canopy size, I think you're right. It's a nice design, but if it was just a little bit larger, it might fit the body a bit better. ;)

Katsu-san,

Even though you're off to a humble beginning with this new project, I'm sure you'll continue to show off all your talent as a model builder! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your new design.

In regards to the canopy size, I think you're right. It's a nice design, but if it was just a little bit larger, it might fit the body a bit better. ;)
Thank you very much for your kind comment, Dart-san!
As you said, I might gonna make that canopy a bit larger. : )
Thanks for your attention .

Katsu-san, are those tank treads for the chair arms?

It's good to see you working again!

-MJ

Wow! Mike-san, thanks for looking. Yup, you are right. that arm rest is from a 1/35 tank treads. : D
Thanks for looking!

Oh! and happy new year, my friends ! I wish you and your family may have a wonderful year.

Today I've tried to build a cockpit pannel.
This was basically a similler to my previous work I did it in the gunship but I added a little.

Cut a thin clear plexiglass and mask for a displays.

Paint it.

I've scribed a graph on the screen with a needle.

There are black backplate, clear mid plate and a face pannel.

Each edges of the clear plates were painted with clear paint of red and green.

And I've just combined these plannels and lit up.

Any comment, suggestion or questions are welcome.

Thanks for looking.
katsu

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back