Planet Explorer

You should do servos on the doors and be able to open then remotely!! if anyone can do it you can.
Hi thanks for the comment. :D
That's a considerable idea.
I thought if I put a micro camera inside the cockpit and receive the video picture on my tablet.
Then I've checked the retail price of one of those device and I quickly gave that idea up. X(

Today, I've just come up with an idea for the interior wall.
It's nothing big but I like to try next time.

Thank you!

Last edited:
A fewprogress of the interior work on lowerdeck.
I've tried to use the stylo board for the wall to make it
like a cushion wall. I used some food tray.

I used a double sided glue tape or super glue. I will apply some surface coating before I paint.

Thanks for looking.
katsu

Last edited:
OK katsu-san, not sure how i missed this. but as many others have stated AWESOME to have you back and building. your work continues to blow me away, the chairs, canopy and the foam wall padding is just wonderful. love it and love you! again welcome back!

Katsu-san,

What coating are you going to put on the foam so it doesn't melt.

Did you do a test piece first or have you used this material before.

I love the interior walls, just brilliant my friend, i might steel this idea for my seat in the MK2

Gag

Katsu-san,

What coating are you going to put on the foam so it doesn't melt.

Did you do a test piece first or have you used this material before.

I love the interior walls, just brilliant my friend, i might steel this idea for my seat in the MK2

Gag

Hi, Gag-san.

Thanks for the comment.
I'm going use a hair spray to coat that material.
Once, I used this way to make a shape with hard stylofoam and car filler.
I sprayed a hair spray on the stylo foam and apply car filler.
It wasn't harmed.

All the best,,
katsu

Katsu-san,

I love the idea of using the foam for the walls. Reminds me a bit of the interior of the Millennium Falcon.

Yet again, you never fail to show us interesting and simple ways to solve a problem, ha!

Katsu-san,

I love the idea of using the foam for the walls. Reminds me a bit of the interior of the Millennium Falcon.

Yet again, you never fail to show us interesting and simple ways to solve a problem, ha!

Thank you for your comment.
I've just remember when I made a ship hull with a hard stylo foam and car filler.
I've just happened to find a cheap hair spray is perfect coat to protect the stylo foam from melting.
So, I thought it may good for painting.
It's just a little thing but if it will be something for your further build, I'll be happy.

Here is a little progress.
I go on building the interior of the cockpit.

To make those overhead display for the engineering consol and navigato's one. I had to find out the way to bend the plexy.

I have come up with this idea to bend the plexy.

Thanks for lookIng.
katsu

Last edited:
FINALLY! welcome back Katsu-san! we've missed your talent. Hope the worst is behind you and looking forward to your latest brilliance!

Here Here!!! I am very happy to hear things are going better and am looking forward to seeing this next model come to life...Now where's my popcorn??

Incredible work... I find myself staring at the pictures in awe. I think its fascinating that you used the offset function on the RADAR display.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back