Slave One ! :)

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hey guys,

After having studying it for a huge amount of time with the gang (Allan, Lee) some years ago, and after having bought Tim Ketzer's Entex Porsche 2 years ago, it was time to start building a Slave One.

I've started with IMHO the most difficult part of this build : the wings. It's quite hard to figure how they built it besides the obvious parts. Doing the right cuts is a chore. :)

Im sorry for the solvent marks on the black styrene, not very pretty ! But invisible once painted. :)
The triangle ribs are the first cut Ive done with my CNC for one of my modelling project. Pretty happy ! I got it working ! :)

I think I nailed the shapes/angles/cuts. I think the short Morser Karl part I glued on the black styrene (when you look at the front) should be a long one, cut to size. Well, I'll try to check it on the real model.

I dont have my Porsche at home so I cant go further..., I will just finish this wing assembly (I have some cutouts to do and some scribing...) and Im going to build the second wing.

An older pic :

The 312T spoilers :

The one on the right (the yellowish) is from a vintage kit, the blue one on the left is from a new kit. As always, I prefer to remove the chrome to get a strong bond. :)

So intricate, so well executed, really nice to see you finally get into this Julien, between you and Guy, were gonna see two amazing models!

Lee

Stunning bud, really glad your on this again now, will be great to see you again In Feb, I think a road trip is in the works with Lee ;-).

Those wings are a crazy build aren't they, so many weird angles!!!

Road trip indeed Guy, itll make for something awesome to see Julien, and some awesome models! Who built the Slave wings anyway? They scream Ease in there delicate nature, but could it have been another, there were a few involved!

Lee

Ive never doing any research on the Slave yet,but you guys right about the wings,Im still bit confuse the donors,where go where huh..
will be following this w great,great interest!!:thumbsup

Don

So intricate, so well executed, really nice to see you finally get into this Julien, between you and Guy, were gonna see two amazing models!

Lee

Well Guy is a step ahead, he got the hull ! :D

Stunning bud, really glad your on this again now, will be great to see you again In Feb, I think a road trip is in the works with Lee ;-).

Those wings are a crazy build aren't they, so many weird angles!!!

Road trip indeed Guy, itll make for something awesome to see Julien, and some awesome models! Who built the Slave wings anyway? They scream Ease in there delicate nature, but could it have been another, there were a few involved!

Lee

Cool I will be able to meet you Lee, after all that time ! :) It will be great to see you both ! :)
Im not sure who build the wings but I agree, they scream Ease so much !

Ive never doing any research on the Slave yet,but you guys right about the wings,Im still bit confuse the donors,where go where huh..
will be following this w great,great interest!!:thumbsup

Don

It is probably one of the most complicated star wars model, the shape, the wings assembly, the paintjob, what a nightmare ! But it is so awesome ! Too bad it has so little screen time. :(

You are...ahem...going to mold that Porsche, right? Amazing work as usual!

Joe

That was the plan Joe, but my friend who has my Porsche for 6 months now hasnt started to make the molds and I need the doors so bad, so I may just cut that expensive kit ! :D

NO!!!! Don't cut it....(crying)....LOL! Either way, it'll be a sight to see the wings come together. I've gathered up the kits I have for the wings and I still have a question mark hanging over my head.

It's always cool to view Tim Ketzers page and other SS pioneers work but seeing these things happen as they unfold is a real treat!

Joe

Dang Julien. You can show pics of the wings and still it's difficult to figure out what goes into them! It's good to see a couple of people working on this. Git 'er done.

Maybe a compromise...inspired by Mike's techniques with the main body. I am almost done with the bucks, on hold till after the holidays. I also plan to mold the wheel discs, I don't think it will be possible to mold in one piece, as is, with silicone. At least I don't know that I can pull it off. Still thinking about it. Oh, and the pipe(??) parts too.

DSC04377_zps4cb71bc7.jpg

DSC04458_zpse6a2905d.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you guys, I too love those guns :)

Well the body was not that easy to built :/ On the first on I tried to do clean cuts of the Harrier part to get a nice fit, too much time consuming. On the second I used the ILM method : rough cut then the voids filled with putty :D Worked better than the first one lol

I molded the JPS seat, was easier than I thought (the part is less than 0.5mm thick at some place).

My first Slave One parts in primer ! :D (and probably the last ones for some times, I ran out of primer). The parts need some more filling and cleaning but not that much, the ILM assemblies are quite messy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back