The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

This was a fantastic find by NKenway13 - (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=202219&page=40&p=3481472&viewfull=1#post3481472)

Just to keep the format consistent...

Non-Lethal Arrow Heads

From the Prop Master.
1394786_682865751770131_369548834_n.jpg

G5 Outdoors - Small Game Head (S.G.H.) - http://www.g5outdoors.com/product_detail/27
image.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you order Neil's Season 1? His are not accurate to the show and the bow is easily obtainable.
Because I want one to carry around comic con and it's less money overall then the real one plus obtaing a ragim in the UK is quite difficult
ibphotocollage20141111_190131.jpg
minus a couple of changes I don't think they are that different

They are quite different. He doesn't do bad work but the side by side nails how far off he is.

As for getting ragims in the uk I've seen several members get them just fine. JB Replicas here has made a couple.

If I'm honest I didn't even notice the differences until I put the pics side by side when I was looking for the bow I was looking at £100 for the bow pluss another £100 for the bits and pieces due to it all being from the Usa
I'm quite happy with it like this I'm going to message him about the differences as they seem pretty easy to fix
They are quite different. He doesn't do bad work but the side by side nails how far off he is.

As for getting ragims in the uk I've seen several members get them just fine. JB Replicas here has made a couple.

Good luck. I tried to see about getting the kestrel details fixed and notta.
what are the kesteral differences didn't even notice them at all I suppose it's fine if you don't have a keen eye for accuracy I'm never fussed about anything being exact aslong as its close enough :)

I was going to not chime in, but I just feel compelled to.

it's fine if you don't have a keen eye for accuracy I'm never fussed about anything being exact aslong as its close enough :)

This is the EXACT mentality that goes against the whole point of this (Definitive) thread, and the foundations of what this forum started on all those years ago (I realized it has branched out over the years).

It occurred to me as I was thinking of how to type a response so I didn't come across like I was being a judgmental a$$hat... this is what separates the hardcore, OCD prop and costume replicators from the average "cosplayer".

I treat my collection of props and costumes as basically museum pieces. This thread was started as a means to help all of us attain this same level of awesomeness (ie. you could walk on set and have production confuse you for a double). I'm not looking for a "cool" costume to wear around just because it's popular at the time. Close enough means you've given up (IMHO). That's fine if that's all some people are looking for, but it's not what this thread is about.

That's no problem ponder honesty it was meant to be a passing comment I find when I make pages about arrow I just get sent to this page the mention of the bow I'm getting was meant to be more of a passing comment.
I will say though I don't feel I have given up I'm just after a good looking piece that I can carry legally I have a nice compound bow for my own archery.
No worries though I'll stop replying about the bow as this is your thread
I am a collector but arrow just isn't the character I will spend fortunes on I'm just after a costume for display with a bow in my cave lol
I was going to not chime in, but I just feel compelled to.

This is the EXACT mentality that goes against the whole point of this (Definitive) thread, and the foundations of what this forum started on all those years ago (I realized it has branched out over the years).

It occurred to me as I was thinking of how to type a response so I didn't come across like I was being a judgmental a$$hat... this is what separates the hardcore, OCD prop and costume replicators from the average "cosplayer".

I treat my collection of props and costumes as basically museum pieces. This thread was started as a means to help all of us attain this same level of awesomeness (ie. you could walk on set and have production confuse you for a double). I'm not looking for a "cool" costume to wear around just because it's popular at the time. Close enough means you've given up (IMHO). That's fine if that's all some people are looking for, but it's not what this thread is about.

Could someone please tell me the handle AND limb dimensions for the season 1 and season 2 bows?? I am trying to make both of them and need these dimensions.
and sp1derman if you want I will make and sell you one OR BOTH bows for cheap

Why make the season 1 bow when it's readily available? Season 2 I can understand. I myself have made the season 2 working version bow.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

I am making the season 1 bow for the fun in making it and because I dont have enough money to buy it same with the kestrel and Both the kestrel and ragim that I make will be working. and jaragon could you help me with the kestrel like give me tips and stuff.....or an instruction manual lol

If I had a sourc for all the boat bits and strap then I could do my own bow for roughly the same price the replicas are the problem I have found is sourcing the chock hinges etc without paying through the nose for them I'm not paying 30 postage for a chock

As Prim has said, I have made 5 Season 1 bows so far, all using parts imported from the US, for my first one I paid the full shipping costs, but after that I simply ordered twice the amount of parts and literally halved the shipping costs. It all comes down to if you want a 'definitive' bow or one that is just passable. For me, seeing as the parts are available and putting it together is immense fun and very satisfying, I will always go for a definitive prop.

As Prim has said, I have made 5 Season 1 bows so far, all using parts imported from the US, for my first one I paid the full shipping costs, but after that I simply ordered twice the amount of parts and literally halved the shipping costs. It all comes down to if you want a 'definitive' bow or one that is just passable. For me, seeing as the parts are available and putting it together is immense fun and very satisfying, I will always go for a definitive prop.

I agree with you JBReplicas. It's not like you have to have certain parts specially made. And the parts aren't very expensive either.

Once again Pinder, its like you know exactly what I'm thinking. I wish you kept going. : ) You too Prim. I'm biting my tongue so hard its beginning to bleed. When I think about this thread, I think about what Oliver said to Barry on that rooftop. The good you do will far outweigh the bad. Thank you to those of you that have made this thread so incredibly good that it will always outweigh the bad (posts). If only there could be more NKenway13's.

Hey guys, I was on the propmasters facebook page and stumbled upon this little beauty
10694250_803265123063526_5089307075136860422_o.jpg
Its the original design for the new Oneida bow, it gives great details on the camo and the counter messure pods and kinda how there suposed to open up. On his page he also said he says hes gonna start posting pics of all of Oliver's little gadgets. And I know this isnt the page for it but anyone interested they have a close up pic of Cupid's arrow heads and couple more of the gadgets. His facebook is ScyFi Props Guy and hope you all enjoy!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back