A Christmas Story - WTH is it on?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've noticed something disturbing, at least with Time Warner Cable. A Christmas Story used to be on constantly from Thanksgiving through Christmas. I haven't seen it on once. It's not even listed in the program guide. WTH is going on?

Yeah, the past couple years its only been on for 24 hours straight. I remember when it used to be on a few times between Thanksgiving and Christmas, though.

For me, anytime I want... I have it on DVD and watch it the same night I watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. :)

Yeah Christmas Eve or Christmas is the only time I've seen it on the last couple of years. I don't know about everyone else, but I liked watching it before Christmas to get in the mood. I don't really have time to watch TV on Christmas. I should have it on DVD though... I do have National Lampoons Christmas though.

Sadly TNT used to show it for 24 hours in a row for years. Xmas even and xmas day is a total wash tv wise. VH1 used to have their top 100 toy countdown but the last few years it was reality shows all day. We end up breaking out movies to watch and sometimes buy ones just for xmas day. Since my folks haven't watched the 3 years worth of dvds i've gotten them guess what we're doing lol

Oh man, the part II was on the Country music channel the other day. I DVRed it just to give it a taste. Could not get 5 minutes in before I wanted to both cry and vomit! Horrible horrible!!

If I need something on all day, it's gonna be an MST3K marathon, just like in the good old days (yes, they did Christmas marathons, too, for a bit, just without bumpers like Turkey Day).

I was just thinking about this. I haven't seen ACS on at all, yet ABC Family seems to be running Christmas Vacation on a loop.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back