Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics - FREE for next day and a half!

Tactics isn't bad. It's not fully considered canon but parts are mentioned in fallout 3 at the Brotherhood's base. You can't beat the price for free.

The first two are AMAZING games from the 90s. I actually kinda wish that the style had survived past that era, in terms of turn-based gameplay.

Thanks for the tip! I actually got Fallout 3 for free last year, so I am excited to play the previous versions at a similar price now :)

Thanks for the tip! I actually got Fallout 3 for free last year, so I am excited to play the previous versions at a similar price now :)

Fair warning:

They're VERY different from #3.

They're isometric-view, turn-based games. Only about, oh, 1/3 - 1/2 of the characters are voiced/animated and then only in dialogue sequences. They're a lot closer to "Baldur's Gate 1" than to, say, Morrowind or the later Elder Scrolls games.

I agree. a lot of folks end up complaining about the older games because they started with 3. Then again i see them do that with Final Fantasy games again ignoring that they're 25 years old lol. I got these on gog even though i have them on disc, the disc didn't include the bonus mission and the free soundtracks is a plus. On a side note if you're a fan of these Brian Fargo and the other creators of Fallout have Wasteland 2 coming out soon. It's in early beta now (I didn't donate enough to get access). It's the same style as this including the isometric view and turned base and looks gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmGthYqTbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEgVIMS9pQ

Yeah, I'm curious about the Wasteland 2 stuff. I figure I'll buy it when it's out of beta, but I'm not sure I want to spend $60 to beta test a game.

I got the 30.00 bundle but i'm thinking of jumping it up another 20.00 so i can get the box edition. I hope it's better than Shadowrun returns, unless they out do themselves with the dlc for it it's no way as good as the snes/genesis.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back