New Voyagers Omni

Yeah I know it sounds great I agree. I am opposed to sound only because the actual prop had no sound only the lights. Could you make my omni with no sound if I requested it?? :)
I plan on making the electronics available to order or not order, so yes it will be an option.
View attachment 263647 ok If you click on this you'll see a picture of the Omni the 2nd version also with the plastic dome over the globe. :)
Yup, i've seen that one before. I can make that dome as an option as well. I plan on making the globe textured sort of like a relief map, so for people who want to touch the globe, they can simply not put the clear dome on.

wow that's fantastic!! Are you also and I hope going to hammer those dots on the lid to create the V for Voyagers???

wow that's fantastic!! Are you also and I hope going to hammer those dots on the lid to create the V for Voyagers???
That is another thing that can be an option. Personally, I think they look horrible, but for the purist, I am sure that is screen accuracy and I want to make sure everyone is happy and gets the omni they want. So both will be available.

I like idealized props myself. If I can't own the actual one that was used on screen by the actors.....then I would rather have all the nicks, dings, warts and wierd angles gone! That's just me.

I would so love to get one of these in the next few months! ;)

I could see it now, one of the final scenes in our Doctor Who film is the Doctor seeing it behind a rock or something, picking it up and saying, "What was Phinneas doing here?" stick it in his pocket and walk off.

I loved that show when it was on...and the omni!

My little brother and I used to "play" Voyagers in the back yard, using my dads stop watch as our omni.

any idea of approximate pricing on this when finished... with or without electronics... just a ballpark...?

If I missed this, I apologize...heh.

Wow, I am so excited to see this Rob. I bought one of the first ones from you originally and later a highly modified one from another customer. I remember people accusing me of being a sock puppet for you on other boards! Lol! You delivered then and I look forward to seeing what you can do now.

Wow, I am so excited to see this Rob. I bought one of the first ones from you originally and later a highly modified one from another customer. I remember people accusing me of being a sock puppet for you on other boards! Lol! You delivered then and I look forward to seeing what you can do now.
Those were the days. This time I know what i'm doing thankfully.

any idea of approximate pricing on this when finished... with or without electronics... just a ballpark...?

If I missed this, I apologize...heh.
The price will be determined soon. Since this is all going to be 3d printed, I will be at the mercy of market prices on the service. Thankfully the market is very competitive in this emerging technology.
If it were not for 3d printing, there is no way this could be available to the masses. I want the price to be as low as possible since this will basically be a bolt together product with almost no finishing required. I plan on prototyping this before releasing it so I know that every single part, including the electronics just clicks into place.
I have been very impressed with the accuracy of this process, and in my last project I managed to 3d print some ultra fine details in silver that where simply stunning.
For example this is the Men in Black galaxy prop. It was printed in silver by shapeways and delivered as seen in the photos. Every detail was clean and polished, just needed to click the 2 halves together with epoxy.
674x501_837055_716290_1355944886.jpg

Right now im working on the dials and globe, that is why I have not posted a update. My plan is to make the dials assemble just like the screen shot from the edison episode. So no more flat discs.

That came out very nice! Really looking forward to this now.

Those were the days. This time I know what i'm doing thankfully.

The price will be determined soon. Since this is all going to be 3d printed, I will be at the mercy of market prices on the service. Thankfully the market is very competitive in this emerging technology.
If it were not for 3d printing, there is no way this could be available to the masses. I want the price to be as low as possible since this will basically be a bolt together product with almost no finishing required. I plan on prototyping this before releasing it so I know that every single part, including the electronics just clicks into place.
I have been very impressed with the accuracy of this process, and in my last project I managed to 3d print some ultra fine details in silver that where simply stunning.
For example this is the Men in Black galaxy prop. It was printed in silver by shapeways and delivered as seen in the photos. Every detail was clean and polished, just needed to click the 2 halves together with epoxy.
View attachment 263859

Right now im working on the dials and globe, that is why I have not posted a update. My plan is to make the dials assemble just like the screen shot from the edison episode. So no more flat discs.

This will be an amazing kit! I need to start saving now!
Being that it will be 3d printed and consist of about 15 parts. You will be able to buy it 1 piece at a time instead of having to plunk down all of it at once. Should make it a bit easier to manage for people and open it up to everyone who wants one.

Also, I am going to apply the shell command to every part of this model so it is uniform thickness through out. If I shell it at 1 or 2mm, that should eliminate shrinking almost entirely and reduce the cost significantly.

I just made the Police badge from "Almost Human" And even though the badge is 1/4" thick, I managed to cut the price down to 1 5th of what it would have cost by shelling the model to 1mm thick.
This is what I mean by shelling
badge.jpgbadge1.jpgbadge2.jpg

Last edited:
I am amazed at how far along this technology has come so quickly. Are you going to use Shapeways or one of the competitors out there?

Shapeways has been very consistent and I feel they are the leading contender. I will run it through imaterialize and any others who offer a quote to make sure not only is everyone getting the best quality, but the best price too.

I've only used Shapeways, and have been happy with what they offer. I am looking forward to seeing the lost wax method at work.

Looks like you're making great progress on this. Will it be ready in a few weeks?

I've only used Shapeways, and have been happy with what they offer. I am looking forward to seeing the lost wax method at work.

Looks like you're making great progress on this. Will it be ready in a few weeks?
I hope so. I am also going to design the electronics with a printed circuit board on pad2pad so the board goes right in with some screws.
I will say the realistic release date that allows for prototyping and trouble shooting is February.
Maybe sooner. The model should be done well before that though.

You see the scenes in Voyagers when they are about to press the button but there is not button that I see. Is that the stunt prop?? I dont think the stunt prop had a button on it?? Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Also Rob I noticed that there is a switch and the black area on both sides of the omni is that correct??

You see the scenes in Voyagers when they are about to press the button but there is not button that I see. Is that the stunt prop?? I dont think the stunt prop had a button on it?? Any thoughts?
Very possibly a stunt version.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Rob I noticed that there is a switch and the black area on both sides of the omni is that correct??

Yes, there is a switch there

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back