Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

The model kit has two correct wheels (the front wheels), two larger/taller incorrect wheels (rear), and one almost correct (the spare).

The model kit has two correct wheels (the front wheels), two larger/taller incorrect wheels (rear), and one almost correct (the spare).

I thought so!! I didn't want to say anything to confuse everyone. I believe mine is a "spare"

I've had 3 pass through my way... kept 2, passed one off to the member earlier who may cast them...

I'm 99% positive they were all correct, but now I'm second guessing. A comparison of height in pics would be good.

Anyone who has pic's of all those versions, to compare?

Here's a pic of parts with correct version. Still trying to find the time to build my Bolsey up as I dont have a Praco...
image.jpeg

Ha Ha, yeah I am the one you sold it to. Unfortunately this and other projects had been pushed aside these past months.... I'm hoping we can come up with a solution to get some of these reproduced for us all.

Were you who I sold it to? Can't remember anymore... cuz if so, yeah, that's what all mine have looked like.

- - - Updated - - -

I could look it up in PM's... but I'm too lazy

I think this may be my weekend plan... unless I get called in to work...

26649250341_34b4a87352_c.jpg

The left is my Bolsey yoda with scratch built control box and grips...

The two other flash's are both praco - one with a black end cap. I'm only going to work with the clean end version (with the reflector) but am keeping the other praco until I know I have all the correct parts in the clean end one (like the brass screw). Didn't want to sell the extra and find out I'm missing pieces.

The grips and oil pan are from the recent run...

And of course that wheel... which I THINK is the right one. If it's not, I've never had a correct one... and all three I've had are wrong.

But I'm pretty positive it's correct.

And then the cases... which I believe are the same one's as ED209's display of the original.

26111583283_4c3ec38a9d_c.jpg

It's funny to me to see all of this considering I hate that Yoda uses a lightsaber in the flicks. If he had it just hanging from his belt, or showed it at some point, fine. But the fighting scenes? Meh.

Anyone paint the grips? or have done anything to them? Seems like the should be more rubbery or have some sort of texture.

I have the thicker wheel, I'll measure and post pics tonight. I've heard there's only two sizes and the spare is the bigger size. I know not screen accurate, but I think a metal one would be really cool

I think this may be my weekend plan... unless I get called in to work...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1586/26649250341_34b4a87352_c.jpg

The left is my Bolsey yoda with scratch built control box and grips...

The two other flash's are both praco - one with a black end cap. I'm only going to work with the clean end version (with the reflector) but am keeping the other praco until I know I have all the correct parts in the clean end one (like the brass screw). Didn't want to sell the extra and find out I'm missing pieces.

The grips and oil pan are from the recent run...

And of course that wheel... which I THINK is the right one. If it's not, I've never had a correct one... and all three I've had are wrong.

But I'm pretty positive it's correct.

And then the cases... which I believe are the same one's as ED209's display of the original.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1642/26111583283_4c3ec38a9d_c.jpg

It's funny to me to see all of this considering I hate that Yoda uses a lightsaber in the flicks. If he had it just hanging from his belt, or showed it at some point, fine. But the fighting scenes? Meh.

Anyone paint the grips? or have done anything to them? Seems like the should be more rubbery or have some sort of texture.

that is the same exact wheel i have. fingers crossed i hope its right, because if your right then I'm right ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I have the thicker wheel, I'll measure and post pics tonight. I've heard there's only two sizes and the spare is the bigger size. I know not screen accurate, but I think a metal one would be really cool

that would be awesome!!

now with the V2 done, i can start cracking on yoda saber, i kinda put it on the back burner. but seeing all Neo's pictures gets me back in the groove

Due to a nice member who sent me a kit lambowheel and a casted resin controlbox i now have most of the needed parts to build a Yodasaber from my Bolsey.

20160429_143330_zps8hk45b0k.jpg

As it´s no Praco i´m not completely bound to screenaccuracy - but i´m a little bit unsure how to handle this build.

Adding the parts and call it a day? Or remake the bottom cap, swap the stepped button and the upper hole on the other side to make it look like a Praco? Or make it a Praco lookalike and add my own taste (like using the halfround slotted screw from the topplate instead of the original sunken one, adding little screws in the top holes).

Checked the technical datas on some sides manufacturing/selling 4-40 Pem nuts, the drawing is the standadized size in mm. Btw. anyone here has a idea where to find the PEM nuts in small quantities, prefered here in Germany?

Additional it would be great if someone with a real Praco and a caliper could help with the dimensions of the drilled brass bolt that´s holding the clamp. :)

Here are a few shots of the kit wheels (click to enlarge):

The kit has 3 sizes of wheels - 2 Front, 2 Rear, and 1 Spare (labeled F, R, S in the image). The spare is very similar to the front wheel, and has nearly identical thickness, but it's about 1 mm smaller in diameter, with a sharper/narrower outer rim. Without seeing a spare and front wheel side by side you would be hard-pressed to tell the difference :)

It would appear the one on my desk still attached to the plastic rods is the spare... Wonder about the one on my bolsey build... I'll have to check when I get home (yup.. Got called into work)

The lowest quantity (of the PEM nuts) I have found for a reasonable price is 500 of them :)

The rear wheel is 10.39mm or 0.409" in height.

Last edited:
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I have a 3D printed prototype coming of the model I created. Lets hope it can hold all the small features of the wheel...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back