Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

The "pudding"...lol.

20131211_170426.jpg

20131211_170543.jpg

20131211_170618.jpg

20131211_170715.jpg

Yeah I'd like to see some builds with electronics... work in progress shots.

Once I've locked down my OT hilts (minus Vader ANH, ESB... just no interest really...) I want to step up to some electronics.

One day find a mythical Praco, and turn my Yoda Bolsey into a reveal....

Nope--all Heilands.
The Luke ESB will get a makeover once the crystal chamber is made and electronics are done.
I built that about 20 years ago...lol.

The DL-44 was built around the same time....using none other than our very own BobaDebt's old tut.
All of those sabers are getting electronics in some form.
Two of the Yodas are going to neices, and will have 1w Luxeon LEDs, green switch LEDs and a blinking green side accent LED--glorified flashlights.

Look at the plastic bag between the bottoms of the Luke sabers--PEM nuts!!!!!

Cool, any of those are real MPP?
And you should remove the beer tab and textured mylar from the ESB if you go for the hero look.

Nice Praco .. and you've got the correct one ... mine came with a complete different head ... so I'm going to use one of my Bosley emitter shrouds to complete it - the propmakers way :$

Thanks for posting those pix ... wondeful!

Chaim

No!
THANK YOU, guys!
I've been away from prop building since my surgeries and med issues...plus retiring from the AF.
You guys are all pulling me back in--and I need that.
These threads inspire me to at least open old boxes, take inventory and start making lists again.
It's been a really rough few years.
THIS is exactly what I need to help with recovery--small projects and cool folks sharing them.
Nice Praco .. and you've got the correct one ... mine came with a complete different head ... so I'm going to use one of my Bosley emitter shrouds to complete it - the propmakers way :$

Thanks for posting those pix ... wondeful!

Chaim

Have any of you got an idea how to get rid of the black anodized surface either on a Bolsey or Praco Flash bottom?

Chaim

YES!!!
Depending upon how deep the pitting is, lightly wet sand it with fine grit sandpaper.
You can try to hit it with a steel or copper brush first, but I get better results with sandpaper.
Have any of you got an idea how to get rid of the black anodized surface either on a Bolsey or Praco Flash bottom?

Chaim

yeah in that thread I did, I got it off entirely, and easily with a coarse, and then a super fine sandpaper. Then to keep it looking nice, I laid the sandpaper flat with a short nail poking though, that I could spin the back and of the bolsey on, so it would sand it off in a perfect circle. rather than center point out or all haphazard... if that makes any sense.

It came off really easily, and looks almost flawless.

Chaim

Nice ... thanks guys ... I just wonder how to clean the tiny grooves on my Praco bottom :unsure ... and ... on second glance that makes no sense whatsoever ... pix please ... pix is what makes the world go round!

Chaim

Last edited:

The afore mentioned copper brush.
Or, a toothbrush soaked with Simple Green.
Nice ... thanks guys ... I just wonder how to clean the tiny grooves on my Praco bottom :unsure ... and ... on second glance that makes no sense whatsoever ... pix please ... pix is what makes the world go round!

Chaim

I'm getting a little closer to putting my thumb on the correct oilpan. The dipstick plugs are still not correct, but the overall shape is--especially the lower section curvature.
This is an 86-90 Corvette version:
86-90Corvette_Oilpan.jpg

This is from a 1969 Chevy Nova Yenko Revell 1:25 kit:
Chevrolet1969ChevyNovaYenko.jpg

That Nova has the right curve....I'm going nuts with this!!!!

UUUUUGGGGHHHHHH

I'm also starting to think the correct scale is 1:16, not 1:12--as speculated.

I know I saw mention of who actually built that VD saber.
Maybe we could track him down and see if he remembers the actual part used--would save allot of hair splitting.

***edit***
Yep, it was built by Ed Maggiani and Steve Dymszo.
Anyone know them?
Are they members here?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back