BMO! Well, sort of.....

Siyoum3434

Howdy!
I'm working on a modified BMO. It's a VERY belated birthday present for someone. It's intended use is camping, because she(the person it's for) likes to go off on these mini self retreats in the woods.

I'm essentially making it into a glorified lantern with cellphone speakers and an emergency laser emitter(just modifying some laser pointer emitters) which will project an equilateral triangle into the sky. That's the international symbol for distress. I figure the civil air patrol will be able to see it for tens of miles in the forest/mountains at night, not much ambient light.

I already have most of the body constructed as of this morning. I'm going to be using a mixture of Elmer's and Durhams I mentioned a few weeks ago for impact filler. the body is made of heat formed as well as carved pieces of 1/8th inch plexiglass held/braced together by way of small sheet metal screws to wood braces.

I'll see about getting pics up, or links soon. I know that some wanted to see about the Elmer's/Durhams mix, I figured this would be a perfect opportunity.

Cheers!

Ah, the good ol' BMO. Body Mass Orifice (invader). I've never seen one shoot lasers, so that will be cool. It's also neat to see you giving it as a gift because where I come from a BMO (i) is usually used as a punishment.
Good luck!

(what the heck is a BMO)

Last edited:
Well, first coats of paint are on, it'll be a few more days before all the pics are up, but they'll get here eventually.

Cheers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back