If they reboot INDIANA JONES, who would you pick to play Indy?

Animated, like this-

the_man_in_the_hat_print_by_patrickschoenmaker.jpg

It's been proved that other actors can play Indy in the past. With the YIJC I thought the stuff where Indy was a teenager/young man was pretty well done for the most part.

What a reboot would need though is someone who could take the part and make it their own. The last thing I want to see is someone doing their best Harrison Ford impersonation. Take the style and run with it.

Sean Patrick Flannery. He doesn't really look like Ford, but he played the role before and I think he can do it again. It won't work out that way, though. I would have said Dennis Quaid 10 years ago. Now, god, they'd probably go with Taylor Lautner or whoever else is playing shirtless vampires these days.

Sean Patrick Flannery. He doesn't really look like Ford, but he played the role before and I think he can do it again. It won't work out that way, though. I would have said Dennis Quaid 10 years ago. Now, god, they'd probably go with Taylor Lautner or whoever else is playing shirtless vampires these days.
SPF didn't look so good in Boondocks Saints 2.

My only request is that they cast a man's man.

Would Richard Dreyfuss or Michael J. Fox have been right for Indy back in the day? Hell no. That's why somebody like Shia or Flannery isn't right for the role now.

Tom Selleck was originally the first choice for Indy. Can you imagine any movie role that Selleck & Shia could possibly both play? These just aren't the same types of guys, no matter how good Shia gets at twirling that switchblade.

Indy was not very far removed from James Bond. Harrison Ford made him more human/relatable but not much. Any new Indy actor should be passable as a scruffy-edged American James Bond.

Indy was not very far removed from James Bond. Harrison Ford made him more human/relatable but not much. Any new Indy actor should be passable as a scruffy-edged American James Bond.

Glad somoene mentioned Bond....DO NOT reboot. Reboots are for the creatively inept. I don't want to see another actor re-taking the ark or the grail, etc. Do what Bond - and for that matter Dr Who do - just get a new actor and move on. Nothing says they can't use the years between the existing flicks. Besides, wasn't bond one of the things Indy was patterened after?

It should be an unknown.
But they'd probably use someone like Ashon Kutcher.

- - - Updated - - -

Paul Walker ... oh wait NM.

I agree it should be an unknown, but if it has to be an established actor to capitalize on the "big star draw", then it would be a tough pick.
As stated above, it would need to be a man's man, not a Shia or the like.
The thought of the TV films: THE LIBRARIAN comes to mind if you pick the wrong actor without enough testosterone. :lol
We would need a manly man, but who isn't the Rock or and muscle action star.
Maybe Hugh Jackman?
image.jpg

Yep. Hugh Jackman I'll second that vote!

I think he could pull it off. He is tough, and manly, yet there are other layers he brings to his characters.
He can be strong, cocky, and arrogant... Yet still have a hint of vulnerability and sensitivity.
Basically he has the physicality AND acting chops to actually work.

He is tough, and manly, yet there are other layers he brings to his characters.
He can be strong, cocky, and arrogant... Yet still have a hint of vulnerability and sensitivity.
Basically he has the physicality AND acting chops to actually work.
Also describes:
jackiechan2.jpg

Even though you put no smiley face or any other emotion to hint that you are joking,
I assume you are :lol
My bad.
Plus Jackie always makes me smile.
:)

- - - Updated - - -

RDJ can pull it off. He doesn't have to be Stark or Holmes and the fella can act.

Hugh Jackman was the perfect choice about 10-15 years ago. Since then he has gotten more famous, more expensive, committed to other stuff, and older.

I'm not calling Jackman washed-up or anything. But Jackman is at the peak of his career right now and the Indy role should go to somebody who isn't there yet. It's more practical and it gives them room to grow.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back