If they reboot INDIANA JONES, who would you pick to play Indy?

I was watching American Idol last night, and Harry Connick Jr had glasses like Indy has on, when he's in the school, and I think he would be a good Indiana Jones.

Not my pic, this was actually shopped by thegreatgalling
but we are convinced that Matt Davis is the choice should they ever reboot.
1975011_10100594141881775_235233125_n.jpg

You know who would be a perfect replacement for Harrison Ford as Indy?

Nobody.

So let's stop shooting other actors down for not 100% matching Ford's Indy.

George Lazenby wasn't Connery.
Neither was Roger Moore.
Dalton wasn't quite Connery or Moore.
Neither was Brosnan.
Craig isn't any of them.
And yet the Bond franchise lives on.

New actor, new flavor. Deal.

Or don't reboot the Indy franchise at all. Move on to something fresh that is more of an homage to Indy. (<--- Best. Idea. Ever.)

And while we're at it, let's stop all the other reboots/rehashes of old stuff and do more fresh stuff. What's to lose? It's only 1/4 billion dollars each time they roll the dice on a fresher idea. Talk about being gutless. The way the big studios have been acting these days, you'd think they were only in this business for the money or something.

-------

Why can I only like this post once?!

The only person I can think of, that would be interesting to watch, is Patrick Wilson. The more movies I see him in, the more versatile I realize he is.

I figured with Indy finding out about a son that was the way it would continue the legacy at least that what the storyline try's to give us anyway .instead of a reboot Indy jr in space or dimension or whatever happened at the end.

I figured with Indy finding out about a son that was the way it would continue the legacy at least that what the storyline try's to give us anyway .instead of a reboot Indy jr in space or dimension or whatever happened at the end.
You really want sequels with LaBeof? And space/extra-dimensional CGI?
[.gif of strongly disapproving meme]

no but his son (pray its not LaBeof? I hated him in everything except holes ) carry on running amok like Indy saving artifacts of mystery and strange power.

I mean Indy finds the Ark it melts Nazis by the power of god everybody loves it. some stones burn out of a bag by magic its cool a dude rips out hearts of living victims and shows it to them that's cool Indy jumps out of a plane with a little inflatable raft totally acceptable we all wait a few years and jumping in a fridge a riding an atomic blast is too much (he rode gods atomic blast by merely keeping his eyes closed ) and we see "Aliens " no crazy talk its all ruined.

whatever

just continue the story with (whoever the actor is) thrilling us with tales of jumping jungle traps and solving ancient riddles

That can't be true.. I hope they're just trying to get publicity by upsetting Indy fans. I wish we could just move on and let this series rest.

The problem with ALL reboots is that there's really only two possibilities:

1) You have an original idea that improves upon previous versions (extremely rare, though it does happen)

2) You have no idea and just want to make a quick buck knocking off an idea that someone way more creative than you already had.

The quest for number 1 is noble, but in most of these, we know that it's not the case. It's not a case of someone having a story idea so amazing that they've just got to dust off the old franchise...most of the time the story doesn't even start getting written until it's already been green lit. In which case...there's very little to no chance of it being even close to the original because you're going into it with less heart than the original had. It's handicapped from the start.

As for Indy...the great irony of doing an Indy knockoff, is that Indy really only exists because once upon a time Spielberg was too creative for that sort of sad venture. Instead of doing a bond film he suggested something in that flavor, but better. A powerful lesson there.

I'm against a reboot but if there was anyone i'd say Noah Wiley, he did really good in the Librarian series.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back