Its Pink and Green and gunna be MEAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, i would never even attempt to scratch build something like this. hats off to you, very clean work so far.

-z

Thanks guys, really trying to motor forward as the armature is next and then the good stuff starts. Learning do much each day in how she was constructed, especially from the vintage ref that shows each layer of the hull being applied .... It's a big challenge but where there is a will etc etc!!

Everything I can do to make this close to original I'm doing, even down to using styrene sheet that bends in the engine to duplicate the bends in that area.

The cockpit is the attest biggest challenge as so much has been id'd this month that it's a shame to build it incomplete but needs must

yeah, i like this, i too would like to see this done, but take your time and do it right, i have faith in you Guy!

Thanks Jamie, its been a daily battle with the Id's but we've turned some amazing things around from from the recent shots, its really made a huge difference to building one of these. Its not perfect but as far as I know other than Tim Ketzers build its a first Cockpit out the door so only room for improvement from here on in :)

Bro it's brilliant. You're bringing the beast to life. And as far as I know this is as close as it gets. Well done and keep up the fantastic work. :)

Beautiful Guy!. Its big aint it!. Really admire your stickability in getting this done, a true nutter!.

Cheers chaps, yeh it's big, well actually to be accurate it's studio scale lol

It's way to big for the old build sadly but that's what's next, Slave 1 version 5 I believe now !!!

The best part about seeing it in the flesh was to see it's actual tone and colour, still from 600 or so pics I've seen of slave 1 not one of em captures it's true real life look so am stocked to have spent over 4 hours staring at it just to get the feel in my mind for when I paint it early next year :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back