Its Pink and Green and gunna be MEAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking excellent Guy, your really flying, wings, flying, see what i did there? There quite easy on the eye too!

lee

A florist is a florist, no matter who grows the flowers, now if a florist can grow their own flowers as well then thats another string to a blow, but they're still a florist if they arrange flowers. They just have more skills than the florist that can't grow or doesn't have a garden to grow them in!! I for one am a florist at best and would ove to grow my own one day, just happens I'm arranging some pretty damn nice flowers at the moment and they're driving me happy mad :)

View attachment 278860

Now these are a pain as Julien found out and are completely un symmetrical, typical that I had started out with symmetry and had to swap back to head scratching and new parts being made but worth the extra effort. You'd of thought they would've known one day some idiot will try and copy them and made them like this on purpose !!!!

Usually we are going as fast as we can! Symmetry be damned! (…well actually we DO try to be symmetrical, but often we only build the side that gets seen.) And on a first run movie, we have no idea if it's going to be a hit or a dud. I think the only exception was Episode 1 where we knew that everything was going to end up as Legos and Happy Meal toys. I know I took a little extra care on those models when budget allowed.
On Star Trek however, I did intentional put in some obscure parts just to mess with fans. (Me being one too!) On the Enterprise E there are some inner ear bones around the Photon torpedo launcher from one of those "visible" human head kits.

On the Enterprise E there are some inner ear bones around the Photon torpedo launcher from one of those "visible" human head kits.

I saw the "crime scene" with chalk outline in the front/center window on the Enterprise E a few months ago at it's new home - I love the pics/tableaus in the various windows. It's quite an amazing model - the power supplies alone were impressive!

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 12.54.27 PM.png

You putting the wing mounts in Guy?

lee

Very unlikely, will see though. They were built around the armature so its gunna be hard to to do it as a slot on wing unless I have the armature made first..... I will never mount it from that point so kinda doubt I'll go the hole hog. Just getting them assembled is a chore enough. Check your emails and be prepared to buy some Reading glasses :)

Very unlikely, will see though. They were built around the armature so its gunna be hard to to do it as a slot on wing unless I have the armature made first..... I will never mount it from that point so kinda doubt I'll go the hole hog. Just getting them assembled is a chore enough. Check your emails and be prepared to buy some Reading glasses :)

Ill be checking mate, got my specs on, see what i can do mate!

lee

Cheers bud, sadly accounts have taken over my life for a few days but am so enjoying putting these together. I'm sorry I don't know your name. Cheers though

Couldn't you just run that ABS over a pre fitted alloy tapped bar that is built into the armature?, that way, they can be retro fitted at a later date, and you could plan in the armature, just need to get the correct diameter alloy to marry up to the ABS rooting pipe? Would be a cool addition mate! On a cymbal stand, mounted on one wing, you can see it in your head, i know you can lol.

lee

And there you have it folks, Slave-1 wings courtesy of the very talented Mr Cowen, easy as eh mate, ha, ha!.
They are beautiful Guy, well done!.
Stu

Bootiful mate, really do look good, so elegant and true studio scale modelling,can't wait to see these bad boys mounted......to, something??? LOL.

lee

Cheers Fellas, I can't assemble the other one as need the harrier wing to profile the added details but once I get a Ford Tyrell then these are as good as done aside from the end caps and final assembly. I don't know what all the fuss was about LOL..... Lee you bits are in the Mail and Stu yours are going in the AM as a few kits are still with the X so am grabbing them in the morning before I send your stuff out.

Just out of interest has anyone got a Ford Tyrell !!!! :)

For anyone building the wings, there's a couple of tips that will really help, very trial and error stuff but after a lot of head scratching I think I nailed it. Those 2 allen screws under the Brabham hull that go through the Harrier wing are well NOT so very important!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back