Its Pink and Green and gunna be MEAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Dear, never work tired and certainly don't do this???? Was just about to start cleaning the edges then realised I'd just scrapped my second wing!!!!!

Last edited:
Its great to know there's some very cool mates out there :), just looking for a Brabham part (GULP) anyone wan a trade or similar?

Mate i think I've got three BT44b's need to check the other box, but obviously need to hedge my own bets, you need one or two?

lee

I see Im not the only one to do mistakes ! :D

Those wings are one of the most complicated things Ive ever done (to figure how it is assembled, cut etc). Hard to nail ! :) I hope the pipe will fit inside the assembly. :p

Well, aside from school boy errors they kind of made sense to me for the first time today, Its clear what order to assemble for the first time and where not to cut ha ha, I can't believe I did that, I drew the line to cut to but cut on the wrong side of it..... I wasn't even drunk!!!!!

Lee and another RPF buddy are helping me out with parts as its a well over £120 to replace them so I count my self very lucky to have such great mates and saviours. I'm hoping to have a wing finished pretty quickly once I have the new parts...how you getting on with yours? They are just bonkers to build, you have to study the ref so intensely to get it even near correct..... I keep looking at reflections in Mirrors and panicking....ha ha I mean of the Slave not me!!!!

Last edited:
I had another Van available I could have used to replace my parts on the right wing, but I prefer to let it untouched, after all my mistakes are not as obvious as yours ! :D

I need to go to my friend's shop to pick up the entex castings. Probably next week. :) And I just noticed I received another Gepard, I will be able to build more ! :D

Slow going is the way ! but hit another hiccup slightly as the cast doors are slightly shrunk so lining up to the kit parts is a juggle, these are so complicatedI'm over it and just seeing them come together is a buzz. Sorry for the naff phone pic

Last edited:
Looking mint mate, really cool, you and Julien are breaking ground now, think these are the first "studio accurate" wings built......did check Tims site, no completed wings, your gonna get there mate, finally, it'll all click into place ;)

lee

As I told you, wonderful job Guy ! I really hope mines will turn half as good !

You're far ahead of me now ! :D Keep up the good work mate. :)

Cheers all, hoping to get both sides done to the same progress tonight. A lot of little niggles on placement but I'm not going back to the start for anything on these. I'm happy with what I've got so far and they look right though slightly off here n there.... To be CONTINUED ;-)

Be careful with the 88mm parts on the small spoiler. I broke them all when trying to get the proper curvature (the plastic of my kit was too brittle). I had to cast the last one I had to make resin copies lol it's easier to shape with some heat. :D

Funny you should say that, I just broke my third, even with heat, Any chance you fancy cast a few more when you do some more casting, I was gunna by another 2 kits but nothing seems to get em to stay in shape with out destroying em, I was thinking of scratching em but if you do get a chance would really appreciate it?

Small update but quite a rewarding one, I decided not to add the Harrier wing till after the piston mount was made, then thought how the hell am I going to do it if I don't add it ......so I added it and have come up with a plan to resolve the piston mount!!!!! Yeh right!!!!! I have to say that rivet counting on these is only an ideal, when it comes down to it unless they are identical in every way, mine aren't so its rivet guide time only :)

View attachment 277413View attachment 277414View attachment 277415

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back