3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaboration)

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

Just noticed this thread :p guess I've been busy.

CubeX, Form1 and reg access to a ZPrinter 650.

I strictly use PLA for the CubeX and never print supports..horrible software for that.
Form1 I use a mix of 4 different resins, for finer, stronger prints.
The 650 I can't customize..but have only used the colour print option once :)

Also I have the 3D systems Sense..which is the 3D scanner they make..nice to use once you get it working well..

Just about every prop I make is 3D printed..if I can help or advise anyone I'll do my best..

Last edited:
Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

I assume there will be better printers etc out there, but for anyone in the UK, I am based in Hull, and have just bought an XYZPrinting Da Vinci 1.0.

Only printing in ABS and still tweaking to get the best results I can with stock firmware etc.

If anyone requires any printing, I'd be open to suggestions :)

Is there an FAQ for 3D printing? I have interest, but wonder how useful and costly it is.

Change your scale to 1.15 :thumbsup

thanks been trying things seems that will work..

Has any one found a model to print but there is no base and it wont catch there is no flat surface let say like a ball ? I see some prints have a honey comb like base? can these be added

also Repetier vs. Pronterface, any one use Pronterface?

In your slicer settings you have to add support

- - - Updated - - -

Soliforum.com is a great resource :thumbsup

I've been pretty satisfied with my solidoodle 4 so far. Haven't done anything too crazy with it yet. I'm using it to make a Bat signal of my own design (thread in DC props if anyone is interested). The only thing I'd advise people looking to buy one of these machines is to expect to fail early and often. I didn't anticipate just how steep the learning curve would be.

3D printing ANY suggestions on warping or lifting ????.. I really hate how one side lifts.... solidoodle....

if this helps I did :

* Just the base
* Painters 3M tape
* hairspray
* clean with acetone
*Added a brim up to 7mm

I'm not sure the settings for solidoodle, but if you have a way to adjust your z-offset that might be an option to explore if you haven't yet.
I was experience lift on long edges and adjusted the head to be closer to the bed by 0.5mm and now I'm printing on just clean glass with no lifts.

Start in small increments though, getting to close can scrape the bed ruining your head possibly, or not let enough filament flow and cause clogging/blobbing.

Oh, and I'm using a DIY kit with parts from a few different open source builds.

I'm not sure the settings for solidoodle, but if you have a way to adjust your z-offset that might be an option to explore if you haven't yet.
I was experience lift on long edges and adjusted the head to be closer to the bed by 0.5mm and now I'm printing on just clean glass with no lifts.

Start in small increments though, getting to close can scrape the bed ruining your head possibly, or not let enough filament flow and cause clogging/blobbing.

Oh, and I'm using a DIY kit with parts from a few different open source builds.

Thank you.. will give it a shot..

I own several printers.... all commercial. 3dsystems SLAs and Objet printers. And yes.... I'm open to printing stuff for you guys when they are not running film work.

I'm waiting on delivery of my mod t, and I have access to replicator 2 and Stratasys Uprint

Preordered a solidoodle press, should be here early November. Where is a good place to order abs filament. I went with theirs for my first 4 rolls. But with shipping it's pretty expensive.

I order Zen Toolworks ABS from amazon.
Mockle have you built an enclosure or did you get a 4?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warping or lifting: some guide that may help

I have done added Brims, Rafts, used acetone to clean surface, used Blue painters tape which is a great way to do small prints just use clips to keep tape in place. I even have the now everyone swears by But I didn't use it still wrapped up in bubble wrap is Glass, But what works and I would of not guessed. Save your scrap filament grind it if needed. It doesn't take allot, use a glass jar I used a large brush like the brush on cement.
brush02.jpg

Take filament add acetone, keep it thin. (I just call it Filament paste I even use to repair a few things add heat gun done )... add to your print area spread it thinner the better the heat from the bed evaporates the acetone leaving the filament, print away I suggest adding a raft because it sticks... I have a roll of the Kapton tape I lay on and filament will not release for it is TOO additive.

Works wonders you may find it works too well..

Yeah, it's commonly referred to as ABS slurry or ABS juice

3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collabo...

I have joined the fray. Purchased a Robo3d R1 from Amazon. I have only printed in PLA so far and am waiting on a couple of upgrade parts.

Using Simplify3d for my software.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back