3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaboration)

So after searching through the forum a dozen different ways I couldn't find a single thread that listed which members own 3D printers.
I have seen several dozen threads of people wanting 3D-printers, asking for 3D printer help, etc. I think it'd be cool to be able to find forum members to work with based on proximity and resources. Since I'm sure we can all envision a cool google map like product that none of us currently have time to create (or if you do, awesome!), how about we just start by replying to the thread if you have a 3D printer (or have liberal access to one), with what type it is, and if you have any conditions to working with people (i.e. $$/cm^3, only if I'm interested in the project, in exchange for prop-work/modeling, etc.).
I don't think I need to say this, but just so there aren't multiple "you should try this" responses; I have a 3D printer of my own, yes I know about shapeways, yes I know about ponoko, and 110kGarages, etc. I am posting this thread (hopefully) as a resource for the entire forum when people are looking to get something printed, but would rather there business go to other forum members before companies like shapeways (also hoping to save everyone a little $$).

I'll start:
Hi, My name is TJ, and I am a make-a-holic. I have a Rep-Rap Prusa (which I built), I have actually not yet named it, and hopefully I will be posting photos sometime next week.

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

Rob - Makerbot ToM and Makerbot Rep2X, plus a couple more coming. Used in high-school 3D Fabrication & Prop design course

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

bump, a little surprised that there weren't more responses. If it falls again then I guess I will have to accept that nobody has any 3D printers (or I might resort to calling out the users I know that do...)

I have use of ten 3D printers at work, each is loaded with a different colour, I did the CPD training in September but have not had the time to play with one yet !

Peanuts

Wow, I expected there to be a lot more responses too.
I just finished building my MakerGear M2, which I'm currently using to prototype my Vash the Stampede revolver (and anything anyone else wants to pay for!)
I'm also open for commissions.

Last edited:

Chad - Makerbot Rep2 for little over year now.
It took an RMA and a little time, but my Rep2 is dialed in nicely and using a glass build plate.

I've shrunk the prop collection extensively, still have my suits and a couple loose props, because my first calling is Mego action figures.
Not really built much along the way of props, but lots of custom Mego figures....so having that said, I'm more of an occasional lurker on the RPF anymore.

Most recent was an 8" Jack Pierce head:
jack001.jpg

jack003.jpg

I got a Solidoodle 3 a few months ago, and it works very well were symmetry is needed for my castings.

Recently got a replicator 2 - still figuring out the ins and outs. I'm in New York
Not sure how I feel about commissions... I guess it would depend on the specifics of the request.

Not sure if it was the bump or the idle threat, but I'm glad to see how many people have chimed in in the last couple days, several I haven't seen before :)
Hopefully there will be more as time goes on.

I had a RepRap Prusa that I built from a kit until about an hour ago. I accidentally released the magic smoke and now it's just a big pile of metal and plastic. I'll fix it eventually, or I might just rebuild it into a larger, stronger faster machine. We'll see...

I have some final calibration to do on a jumbo Mendel Max 1.5+ kit. And eagerly awaiting my Peachy Printer.

I just finished putting my Ditto+ kit together. I've only had a chance to do a couple test prints but I'm really happy with the results. Now I'm just working on upgrading my Iron Man model to get it ready for printing.

My Solidoodle 3 should be arriving tomorrow! Only problem is I'm out of town for another few days so I won't get to mess with it until next week :lol

I will have one in a few months and will be more than happy to work with people here to print things for folks.

My name is Derek and I just got the UP! mini from the best wife in the world for Christmas. I have only just started to take it out of the box. it will be a while to get my feet wet and become proficient but i am very excited to build the 3D models and print them. One of the commercials asked if you could print out anything you wanted, what would it be? A tough question. probably something simple to start.

I have an Ultimaker 1 with a couple of upgrades. I used it to print a number of the parts on my Proton Pack build (ladder frame, clippard valves, dials, gun track, etc)

I have an Ultimaker+ 200X200X400mm 0.04 accuracy :cool
and having lots of fun printing all sorts of parts

IMG_1021s.jpg

IMG_1042.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back