3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaboration)

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

I have a Sprintray MoonRay, and a Cell Robox.
Seattle area.

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

any one have the M3D MICRO just want to know how good they are for our modeling jobs .steve

any one have the M3D MICRO just want to know how good they are for our modeling jobs .steve

I printed this little guy on my M3D.

20150421_012116.jpg

20150421_012201.jpg

20150421_012658.jpg

I think this was 100 microns IIRC.

It can do higher res.

looks good i have a printer coming soon and looking to print parts for my y wing and x wing studio size models do you happen to now a good program to use like scetchup im a beginner

I have an i3 prusa model. printing out stuff 24/7!

- - - Updated - - -

I use tinkercad 123 (really fun and easy for beginners), sketchup (not to hard) and blender (harder but still ok) for the moment. My slicer is cura.

I never could get mine working. it's been sitting unloved for about 2 years now. i don't have the heart to destroy it.

i wound up going back to shapeways.

anet a8 printer here. works well good enough for my needs

I have a clone of prusa model. Have started printing some props, looking for a larger projects.

I have a M3D Micro. And I accidently DESTROYED it. I hadn't used it in a while and I found the AC adapter and plugged it in.....and it was the WRONG adapter.

I found the right adapter and plugged it in. The lights on the printer come on, but the computer can't connect to the printer, saying something like "a device connected to this computer has malfunctioned" and I can't print.

Before it died, it was pretty decent.

I have an i3 prusa model. printing out stuff 24/7!

- - - Updated - - -

I use tinkercad 123 (really fun and easy for beginners), sketchup (not to hard) and blender (harder but still ok) for the moment. My slicer is cura.

I just got the same one for Christmas (I must have been a good boy this year!) it's been running 24/7 so far with mostly really nice results. I haven't begun to do any mods yet because I'm having too much fun printing to stop long enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lulzbot TAZ 6. Getting acquainted with it and dialing in settings and slicer options. Mostly PLA - less finicky than ABS, and I like the sanded finish. I'd consider something cooperative, depending on the project.

Progress on my first build so far:

dl44.jpg

I have two printers, an ultimaker2+ extended (fdm) and a Form1+ (sla)

I'm using both of them for building figurines, model kits and other stuff. I had a Form2 printer for 3 months for review, I really consider the upgrade....

I posted two threads where you can see some prints, one about Han Solo in carbonisé and another about my Imperial Star Destroyer.

By the way, 3D is my job then I have no issues to build content for my printers :)

I have a Makergear M2. Been mostly printing full size replica prop weapons.

XYZ ware davini 1.0a here. Basic but I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

XYZ ware davini 1.0a here. Basic but I love it.

Hey all,

I have a TAZ 6 3D printer. Have had it for a few months and am now working on my first REAL build with it.. the printing part is done and I am painting now but still getting a little used to all the settings. I have found a pretty big difference between Cura and Simplify 3D and don't know which I like yet. It seems Simplify3D is the way to go if it needs supports and maybe otherwise Cura may print a little better but not sure.

I am a pro level 3D modeler but beginner at 3D printing. :D

bq Hephestos 2 and LOVE it... also thinking about buying a bigger build volume Delta

Guess I'll join in!

UK based with an Ultimaker Original+.

Had it for about 6 months now and love it. Hoping to add another printer to the shelf at some point too.

I've had an XYZ DaVinci Jr for a little over a year and have loved almost every minute of it (admittedly, it took 2 replacements almost out of the gate, but it's been a champ since then!) - that does 149mm^3 in PLA only. Got that one from my now-estranged wife. I still love her to absolute pieces, printer or no printer, but that printer was the best material gift of all time.

I also just got a DaVinci 1.0A - larger volume at 200mm^3, and I got ABS filament for that one. It was an insane sale from XYZ - buy 12 filament carts ($335), get the printer free (would have been 499 direct or 399 from most retailers).

I know XYZ gets a really bad rap - their slicer software is not flexible at all, and their customer service is kind of atrocious - but the actual machines once dialed in are just as good as the 'big boys'. And their neon green PLA especially, prints like butter.

I got a Prusa i3 kit at Christmas. i had quite a few problems getting it started, issues with the nozzle and extrusion, but it did force me to learn a lot about the machine.

I've since bolted it down to a heavy chunk of wood which sits on a non slip pad. It makes it a lot quieter and stops the vibration loosening off the nuts on the frame. The vibes also seemed to knock the calibration of the bed out of whack every couple of prints, so thats been solved too. It has increased the print quality, mainly in the lower resolutions.

I'm using Cura to slice, its so easy to use its untrue. I found simplify to be, ironically, too complicated, and for some reason the printer didn't like it at all.

I've been using the cheapest PLA I can find and haven't had any issues with it.

my only frustration now is the time it takes to print, I'm too impatient!! I think I may look at investing in another one when my birthday and christmas comes round.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back