Best toy of the 20th century

CNN is a bunch of hacks.
Star Wars figures were inducted last year into the National Toy Hall of Fame (Rochester, NY)

[video]http://t.co/dIgGfpHPWf[/video]

Last edited:
CNN is like most of the mainstream "news" suppliers, they have no clue what's going on. If you read their normal articles it's like they're written by a mentally retarded monkey on downers.

While the list IS full of items that I wouldn't put on it I don't think I'd put Star Wars action figures there either. While certainly nostalgic there was nothing special to them other than the source material.

The "action figure" that should be on that list is the GI Joe (original). It started the whole action figure thing off, really founded an industry.

The best toy: Slinky! Cheap fun

Next: Wheelo Hours of cheap fun

Honorable mention: POGs Absolutely stupid waste of time, but made somebody rich.

I dont like CNN so haven't read it...but is corrugated cardboard box on there? :lol It was my fav for years.

My mom and i were talking about that today. My friend's daughter turns 6 next week and had her party yesterday and she loved the boxes as much as the pokemon stuff in them. Apparently it annoyed mom to no end that i'd play with the boxes more. That and pots and pans in the kitchen.

Best childhood memory?

My brother and I put our chairs inside cardboard boxes and played Combat on the Atari while wearing our swimming goggles. We were in tanks! :D

I used to use the happy meal box when it was a buildable play-set.

Anyways, I got my FX lightsabers at toys r us for cheap, so I don't need dinky action figures when I can be a full sized one!:lol

I hate these lists. They always put some extremely boring toy on there. This one had Viewmaster (I HATED those things) and Rubik's Cube. I grew up in the 80's and I think every time I saw a Rubik's Cube, I picked it up for a few minutes then went on to something better. Another lists I saw had Slinky (great I guess if you were in the 50's with nothing better) and Hula Hoop. Hula Hoop is only interesting when you become a teenager and see attractive girls using them. :lol

I think out of every toy I had growing up including, Star Wars, Transformers, He-Man, GI Joe, etc., out of all of those I played with my LEGO toys more than anything. So I'd put LEGO at the top. GI Joe would probably be second and Star Wars third (which is ironic now...).

Legos was always a big one and i used them with other toys like transformers and gi joe. I did that with Lincoln logs too. This makes me miss vh1's top 100 toys countdown on xmas day. Now it's all reality shows on xmas day.

Definitely agree with LEGO.. Loved it as a kid, and now that my 3yo son is playing with big boy LEGO, I get to play with it again.. Even late last night, he wasn't here (Only get him a few days a week), but there I was, sitting at the table, building some new kits that I got for him for Christmas.. Come on, I had to make sure all the pieces were there, as they were used.. :p

The other toy/game for me, was Monopoly.. Especially when it became full contact with my step-brother or friends..

Fluff article.

Even CNN has learned that "top ten" list articles draw a lot of hits, discussion and quotes. They take 5 minutes to write and even the lousy lists get attention - arguably more attention than carefully conceived ones.

My all time favorites:

15c07ce7a23034d8ef9f27af28fa61f3_zps3d263182.jpg

078e3e2754772c3c0625e3c6b5ec1812_zps38aaae00.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back