Eddie Valiant and Judge Doom

sswift

This past weekend at Super Megafest I debuted a pair of secret costumes I'd been working on for myself (Valiant) and a friend:

I designed both, and built all the props:

The cane was made from a pool cue, on top of which I mounted a skull and snake made from Sculpey and coated in Rub-n-Buff. The base was cut from a toilet paper roll holder, and a long bolt was attached to it to provide a solid form on which to mold the Sculpey:

The mallet was made from a cardboard tube for pouring concrete, MDF, and a large dowel. The accordion arm with boxing glove was made from an old shaving mirror. A metal pin keeps the lid of the mallet open. A dowel wrapped in pipe foam allows the soft toy glove to retain its shape:

I was very lucky to find he shaving mirror and boxing glove at the last minute. Originally I'd planned to just make the toon gun:

The saw needed to be light, so is made from a short cardboard tube that slips over your arm, a long thin walled plastic mailing tube, a PVC coupling glued inside the tube, a short length of PVC, two boards, and foamboard for the saw itself:

The tie I made using iron on transfers, but the colors didn't pop and the iron made it look burnt and semi-trasparent, so I touched them up with white paint marker and red colored pencil:

And of course, I had the love letter:

Roger is just photoshopped into these photos, but I'd planned to make a foamboard cutout of him. Sadly, I ran out of time.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back