Geordi's Engineering PADD (Season 4 Version)

Eric Ardros

Sr Member
I also decided to continue on with the theme of Geordi's PADDs in particular, and so will be building this one alongside his Season 1 PADD:

sgp.JPG

I imagine this one will likely be the easiest of the three styles to do, as it's smaller and uses less material. Once I've got the technical drawing finished, work will be begin.

The plan is to have all three of Geordi's PADDs for my own collection, while allowing me to mold/cast each scratch-build so I can make them available to anyone here who wants them.

And here's where I'm at after twenty-four hours:

e72d.jpg

Managed to get all three panels cut out, as well as all the openings for the buttons on the front.

I've begun to clean up the edges on everything, so it's coming along well :)

Top work as always m8, you might start thinking that I'm stalking you haha :D ever heard the saying "Padd Madd" :p lol

Me, PADD mad? Surely, you jest :p What can I say, when I'm on a roll, I'm really on a roll :lol

Funny thing is, I only started getting into scratch-building the PADDs in the last few months, after I took on a couple different commissions for DS9 and VOY PADDs. Since then, I've been focused more on those than anything else, lol.

As a good friend of mine put it, the great thing about PADDs is that they're all different, there are so many styles, colours and graphics to choose from. One could base their entire prop collection on those, and it would still be quite large and diverse.

One can only have so many Communicators, Phasers and Tricorders as they all generally look the same.

Now that I've gotten myself into making all these PADDs, I can certainly see his reasoning with that :D

Me, PADD mad? Surely, you jest :p What can I say, when I'm on a roll, I'm really on a roll :lol

Funny thing is, I only started getting into scratch-building the PADDs in the last few months, after I took on a couple different commissions for DS9 and VOY PADDs. Since then, I've been focused more on those than anything else, lol.

As a good friend of mine put it, the great thing about PADDs is that they're all different, there are so many styles, colours and graphics to choose from. One could base their entire prop collection on those, and it would still be quite large and diverse.

One can only have so many Communicators, Phasers and Tricorders as they all generally look the same.

Now that I've gotten myself into making all these PADDs, I can certainly see his reasoning with that :D

I know what you mean, I'm kind of the same if I start something it's usually hard to pull me away from it, my problem is the motivation to start it lol.

Padds are a good prop for variety for sure, as you say you could have a whole library of Padds and they can be all different in one way or another. It's all good though, the more Padds the better in my opinion :thumbsup

I apologize for not having posted more updates on this, but as some of you know I got kind of involved with my production run for Season 7 version of Geordi's Engineering PADD. Anyway, here's where I'm at with this one now:

ijd1.jpg

I've cleaned up all the edges and glued all three layers together, making sure everything lined up straight and proper. Just a little bit more puttying and sanding in some spots, then it should be ready for molding/casting.

Below is a comparison between my scratch-built replica and the screen-used original:

r4zf.jpg

7y09.png

Looks pretty good, I think :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back