Geordi's Engineering PADD (Season 1 Version)

Eric Ardros

Sr Member
Well, given all the excitement of my recent PADD scratch-builds, I decided to keep the momentum going and got to work on drafting a technical drawing to work from for the Engineering PADD he first uses in Season 1:

0hnt.jpg

I've mostly got the layout figured out, and once I've cleaned it up a bit will be making this build out of 1/4" Sintra board for the front and back panels, with a 1/8" styrene layer in between.

Here's where I'm at after twenty-four hours:

m7kq.jpg

xvgy.jpg

Managed to get all three panels cut out, as well as all the openings for the buttons on the front.

Still need to clean up the edges on everything, but it's coming along well so far.

I made the mistake of beginning to round out the edges and corners on the back panel:

c0of.JPG

Which, although it looks good, was not present on this particular PADD if I recall correctly.

Luckily, being the back panel it's easy enough to cut out another one. I'll put the current back panel aside for making a standard 4x6 PADD.

Now that it's started, I expect this project should move along as quickly as Geordi's Season 7 PADD did :cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back