Steampunk Lightsaber

Well, I have to correct a possible misinterpretation: THIS squirrel didn't build this fantastic item. He just linked to it.

Actually...

I built that lightsaber as a commisssion project for a buddy of mine. Thanks for posting the link, I've meant to post a construction thread but have been busy with work. Here are some more photos for you guys.

SPunkSAB08.jpg

SPunkSAB07.jpg

SPunkSAB06.jpg

SPunkSAB05.jpg

SPunkSAB04.jpg

SPunkSAB03.jpg

SPunkSAB02.jpg

Some construction pics for everyone:

SPunkConst03.jpg

SPunkConst05.jpg

SPunkConst04.jpg

SPunkConst02.jpg

SPunkConst01.jpg

Enjoy. :D

-Jon

Thanks for posting Jon. Great WIP pics.

I found it hard to believe that the builder of such a saber wasn't a member here. Happy to see that isn't the case.

Great concept and even better execution. The flip open crystal-compartment is a nice touch... :) :thumbsup

"kept on thinking about this as I went to work yesterday evening... What if Jules Verne had more influence on the whole Star Wars saga...? Just think about it, Star Wars meets steampunk... Everything steam powered, from lightsabers to blasters, from R2D2 to Millenium Falcon, from Darth Vader to Death Star..."

do you mean something kinda like this?...scroll down in the first post to where it says star wars...check them out...he's also got some very cool victorian/steampunk-y takes on comic characters...skott (note - not my customs...i wish i was half as talented as he is)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsbspidey @ Feb 5 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1412588[/snapback]</div>
"kept on thinking about this as I went to work yesterday evening... What if Jules Verne had more influence on the whole Star Wars saga...? Just think about it, Star Wars meets steampunk... Everything steam powered, from lightsabers to blasters, from R2D2 to Millenium Falcon, from Darth Vader to Death Star..."

do you mean something kinda like this?...scroll down in the first post to where it says star wars...check them out...he's also got some very cool victorian/steampunk-y takes on comic characters...skott (note - not my customs...i wish i was half as talented as he is)
[/b]
Yeah, kinda like that Artoo unit, only with even more steampunk, pistons, gauges, gogs and boilers etc... engraved brass. A death star which puffs out gigantic quad smoke like old steam engine when the super laser is fired. Kind of, if you all will, Girl Genious steampunk hits Star Wars.. Just like Ivanhotep said, "The steam is strong in this one."

I never heard of Steampunk. WTF... I have let myself down...

Very cool stuff.. I have been a steanpunk fan for a long time... Just didnt know it.

Would "Wild, Wild West" be classified as such?The older version from the 70s not that crappy remake.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blastech @ Feb 6 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1413088[/snapback]</div>
I never heard of Steampunk. WTF... I have let myself down...

Very cool stuff.. I have been a steanpunk fan for a long time... Just didnt know it.

Would "Wild, Wild West" be classified as such?The older version from the 70s not that crappy remake.
[/b]

Yep. If it's set in the 19th century and has killer clockwork men, it's golden.

Here's a thread you might like:
http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=steampunk

Awesome saber. Has the Jules Verne feel to it. It could fit right in with the victorian look of the Verne films MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, 20,000 LEAGUES, or FIRST MEN ON THE MOON. On the subject of Steampunk, if A PRINCESS OF MARS ever gets into production I'm hoping they'll use the same Victorian Sci-Fi look overall.
Should look incredible.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back