ST:DS9 Bajoran nose advice needed.

I'm working on a DS9 Bajoran uniform for a Star Trek themed party.

I have the uniform, the communicator, and the earring.

I just need the nose.

You know the ones I mean. Like this:

li_nalas.jpg

I found a tutorial online where a woman suggests sculpting it out of dried white glue, and then sticking it on with more white glue that's been tinted with makeup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdZcRY9Au0

Has anyone else tried this?

Is there a better way?

Should I consider just drawing on some lines and shading them, rather than building the 3d version.

Thanks!

Is this for a one off or will you be wearing this costume frequently and need these nose pieces over and over?
You could always try to sculpt it directly onto your face with some Derma wax/Morticians wax/ Nose putty etc and then cover it in a light stipple of latex. Theres some great info on stuff like this in Mike Spatola's Monstrous make up manual. Also you could try a latex and cotton build up directly onto the face aswell or do you have any experience with moldmaking, sculpting etc. Because if you do you could try a simple nose prosthetic piece on a generic mannequin head or lifecast etc

This is for a one-off party.

I'm afraid you may have gone over my head. I'm looking for something low-tech, low cost. I'm mostly a costume and prop maker, I have a good deal of experience in those areas, but not makeup. (Hence my question here) I'm used to building stuff out of metal, leather, fabric, etc., but sticking something to my face it a bit outside of my experience.

I was hoping for someone who might have found something in the difficulty level of the glue trick - or to ask if anyone here had tried the glue method and could speak from experience at to whether it works.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back