My Sam Costume (Trick 'r Treat)

MacabreMojo

Hi, first time posting here. I got tired of never finding me when I Googled Sam costume pics so I thought if I posted them here they might show up. I made this costume myself, though I'm on mask #3 now as wearing them for long periods tends to deteriorate the integrity of the underhood. Thanks for looking!

sam-9.jpgsam-5.jpgIA-3.jpg7thFloorSam.jpgDD12.jpgDD13.jpgDSC_0048.JPGDSC_1014.JPGSam2011.jpgTBLSam-Lolli7.jpgMagazine Sam no feet.jpgIMAG2105-1.jpg

I never get tired of seeing your Sam stuff Katie! So perfect!

I still want one of these someday.....just never seem to have the funds available to contact you again about it. Maybe once more info (and set pics) starts coming out about the sequel the anticipation will be too much & I'll finally pull the trigger.

Very nice stuff!! I love your version of this little guy!!

What material did you use for the head? Standard burlap? Seems not to be!

And what did you use for the round shape?

Again, great work!! I always hated my sam's head!!!

Very nice stuff!! I love your version of this little guy!!

What material did you use for the head? Standard burlap? Seems not to be!

And what did you use for the round shape?

Again, great work!! I always hated my sam's head!!!

Thanks so much, everyone! Bigturc, I have to confess that I borrowed some of your hints but I used a ball instead of a balloon (one of those big ones at Walmart in the toy section. I just let some air out to make it proportional to my head). I hate the way I had to cut the burlap but I get better every time I do it. And it is just regular burlap I got from the fabric store. Paper mache, then spraypainted it black, then used industrial spray adhesive to get the burlap to stick. The mouth was the trickiest part but I have it down to an art now. I can stitch the mouth in about 30 minutes. :)

Great job. I am thinking of doing a static display of Sam for my store window for next Halloween. RPF and costume makers like you give me great inspiration. You did a great job down to the sucker.

Charles Buchanan

- - - Updated - - -

What did you use for the head shape? Paper Mache or foam?

I'm looking for someone to make this costume for my 12 yr old son. He's small and this would be great.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back