Mr. Freeze Arkham City Style

csmolins89

So I am beginning to plan for a rather large scale build. I am wanting to make a Mr. Freeze costume that emulates the costume that the character has in Arkham City.

mister_freeze_rear_veiw_inks.jpgMisterFreezeinkscopy.jpgscreenshot-3.jpg

So basically I am gonna need a lot of help. The first thing I am starting to look at is gathering different items that I wouldn't have to make to get the base down. I am going to purchase gloves, goggles, and I already have the boots. Right now I am looking at ideas for what I should make the armor out of. I was thinking because of the size of this piece that I would make it out of foam just to make it light. I don't know if that is the best solution for this project. If anyone has any ideas I would be more than receptive to them thanks!

It's gonna be a tough one. I found another thread where some one made a full armor set pepakura style. I thought that may be the way to go however I'm not sure if the weight of the fiberglass and resin might be too heavy and not a good idea for this project . I'm not sure at the moment. I think I'm going to focus on the small items and try to tackle the bigger ones as I go.

2 things come to mind..

use the pep files to create foam templates instead as that'll be a lot lighter.. or make the fibreglass ones and have them vac formed to create light abs plastic versions (i realise not everyone has a vac former - a problem i have at the moment) but its just an idea :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back