Cobra Commander: Retaliation

Finally got the decals in and the visor tweaked. Sales thread is up in the Project Runs of the Classifieds.

CC%201_zps1y2zrszy.png

CC%205_zpso8i5vvtj.png

Last edited:
One of the Huge things I think many of Us appreciate about you Oz being a Professional and knowing the detail you do. If possible and your okay with it being shown..maybe we could get a picture of what you mean? When you say visors do you mean as in the coating is sandwiched in between 2 layers?

No, the mirror coating is relatively easy and just airbrushed on. It's the physical shape of the visor that is tricky.

Visor_zps4zxsrjls.png

Here is a pic of one of the test pulls. You can see how the visor has to go around the two raised bits, but also behind them.

No, the mirror coating is relatively easy and just airbrushed on. It's the physical shape of the visor that is tricky.

[url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/adeshaw/Props/Cobra/Visor_zps4zxsrjls.jpg[/URL]

Ah thanks Oz! I had no Idea it could be sprayed on. I was thinking it was like a film/sheet that was cut and layed between two layers of plastic. Thanks for being willing to share. Here is a pic of one of the test pulls. You can see how the visor has to go around the two raised bits, but also behind them.

Ah thanks for sharing the pictures I now see how that could be an issue. you found a way around this? I would be thinking one would have to mold the visor from inside the helmet versus from the front. If only we knew if the original version had its visor as a separate piece. Even if knowing would not change the way your having to do it. Thanks for being willing to share.

"If only we knew if the original version had its visor as a separate piece."

We do know that the visor on the original was a separate piece. And it would have to be. No other way to do that and have good visibility and that level of detail.

"If only we knew if the original version had its visor as a separate piece."

We do know that the visor on the original was a separate piece. And it would have to be. No other way to do that and have good visibility and that level of detail.

Oh, guess my eyes and lack of knowledge prevents me from having known this. I have only ever seen it like this picture of yours. Guess there would not be away to make this see through as it is. Cobra Build 2_zpsder6ouuz.jpg

But you found a solution, so that's what matters.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a necro. Dunno how long a thread being inactive is considered a necro here.

Ozymandius

Is this something that is still available for purchase? I couldn't find anything listed in the Junkyard about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back