Cobra Commander: Retaliation

oh Yays Good, Great, Awesome! Sorry you have been sick, and not feeling well. Glad to hear your still working on it, and your interest is still there! I have been checking back every week. I see now some one is doing a 3D printed version, which is great and should help out many. Yet with your work, and doing it the non computer route is great seeing it by hand. Glad your feeling better :D

Beautiful sculpt.
Found this, not sure where to get it, but it looks pretty close to your side tubing. It's some kind of strain relief, just can't find a source.

Image_0412-1359(CVBS).jpg

Hey hey there ... hope all is well .... anymore progress on this masterpiece that is cobra commander ?

Thanks for asking him about this, hopefully Ozymandius does not mind. I know Ozymandius originally, and maybe even now has no plans to sell completed helmets, but I know I am waiting on pins,and needles everyweek for a possible updates!

Not gone, just up to my neck in work. Most of the work on the helmet I've been doing has been filling in the overlap areas so the two halves connect properly and correcting any asymmetries. Not very photographic stuff. I did get the little side tubing pieces finished though and will be fitting those in next.

Very Awesome Ozymandius, glad work is keeping you busy, always nice to be able to pay the bills, and stuff. Pretty Amazing your still finding stuff to correct since to my untrained eyes it looks like perfection. Thanks for sharing the side tubing pieces update, and other updates!

Hopefully your feeling well too!

Finally got my summer rush orders out of the way and got back on this again. Finished up with all of the symmetry issues last weekend and drilled out the inserts in preparation for the next mold.

And a little test shot with the pipe insert.

yeah man, this looks great !!!!! glad to see you back on this project ... btw, I was at Reynolds this past week and saw one of your small sculpts lol and was like, hmm I wonder when he will get back to cobra commander haha

YAYS, big update. It's crazy cool how seeing, and hearing about this project makes the feelings happen! Really cool to see how so many big, and little steps are taken. I am lost on why another mold is being done? How does the next mold improve the appearance of this one?

Very happy for you Oz!

it'll be interesting to see what you decide on the faceplate ... so many options, but picking the one that's going to look the best is going to be the key ! I have a UD coat coming and soooooo excited to finish it off with this bucket !

it'll be interesting to see what you decide on the faceplate ... so many options, but picking the one that's going to look the best is going to be the key ! I have a UD coat coming and soooooo excited to finish it off with this bucket !

I hear ya, in the same boat. I don't think Oz has yet decided to sell these? If he has changed his mind Yays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta pay for all that silicone somehow....

And seriously, it's the silver faceplate you guys are caught up on? That is literally the easiest part of the entire build. We've known how to do see-through silver since at least the 60's.

Gotta pay for all that silicone somehow....

And seriously, it's the silver faceplate you guys are caught up on? That is literally the easiest part of the entire build. We've known how to do see-through silver since at least the 60's.

Not hung up on it, actually only made one reference to the faceplate. I hear ya though mornings are rough for me too :)

sorry Oz for my quoting causing any confusion . I just was doing that as it was still unclear to me that this was now a project you were think of now doing a RUN. so I did the quoting in away to just share Sovereignone comment "I have a UD coat coming and soooooo excited to finish it off with this bucket" !

Sovereignone, sorry if I am confused, but what did you mean by so many options for the face plate?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back