Cobra Commander: Retaliation

It's finally all done and I started the final production molds this weekend.

Cobra%20mold%20prep_zpsak4zljjn.png

All the parts are being molded with one piece glove molds so that all the seam lines will be on the inside for easy cleaning.

Molds are done and the first casts run. Just need to finish tweaking the vacuum form buck so that the visor fits right and it's off to the races.

20161110_063518_zps3xfqfe8b.png

20161110_063603_zps71zsyii4.png

And before you ask, I'm just using the white styrene for test fitting the visors. I'm saving the clear plastic for the final parts.

Wow Ozymndius!!!...it's painfully Awesome how Great You are and this double dose of updates! Hmm...All the parts are being molded with one piece glove molds curious what that means...maybe I can goggle it...definitely Learned a lot from following this Amazingly, Awesome, Bulid. Hopefully many will be lucky enough to purchase this Amazing work of art. We are lucky you have the talent, and wanted one for Yourself and Willing to make it possible for others to have! So much prase for for you!

This is a glove mold.

DSC_0443_zps6djws9wu.png

Instead of being split down the middle, the silicone is a single thin sheet that wraps around the helmet like a glove. I go a step further and wrap the silicone around the edges so that the clean up line is on the inside of the helmet.

While I'm fine tuning the visor buck I've also been laying in the magnets for the first display piece.

DSC_0447_zpseadwllb7.png

DSC_0449_zpsfwrki0de.png

DSC_0448_zpsav9ln3ms.png

The magnets are strong enough to stand by itself and I can even hold the entire weight by the face mask without it slipping loose. Very happy with how that came out.

This is a glove mold.

[url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/adeshaw/Props/Cobra/DSC_0443_zps6djws9wu.jpg[/URL]

Instead of being split down the middle, the silicone is a single thin sheet that wraps around the helmet like a glove. I go a step further and wrap the silicone around the edges so that the clean up line is on the inside of the helmet.

Ah okay thanks for the Answers Oz, I think I get it now! That's really cool! I never would have thought about that!

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm fine tuning the visor buck I've also been laying in the magnets for the first display piece.

[url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/adeshaw/Props/Cobra/DSC_0447_zpseadwllb7.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/adeshaw/Props/Cobra/DSC_0449_zpsfwrki0de.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/adeshaw/Props/Cobra/DSC_0448_zpsav9ln3ms.jpg[/URL]

The magnets are strong enough to stand by itself and I can even hold the entire weight by the face mask without it slipping loose. Very happy with how that came out.

Yays, these pics look amazing! If your Happy We know everyone should and will be!

OMG! OMG! Wow OZ! Again i had no Idea it was going to be painted as well! Thought just molded in the color! We are again so lucky someone so talented as you are making it possible for us to own Your Artwork!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work on this! The details on this piece are AMAZING! If you decide to offer these up for sale, I'd be interested in one, depending on the price. Again, GREAT JOB on this!(y)cooll

Wow yea I got to see this bucket in person at Spooky Empire this past weekend, it looks AMAZING!

Seriously want one, need it, give me a price, I want!

It is definitely coming to the Junkyard and the molds are ready. The only thing holding it up is working out the final kinks with the visors. It's very tricky with those deep undercuts to get around the raised areas and I need to make sure that the quality will remain consistent.

It is definitely coming to the Junkyard and the molds are ready. The only thing holding it up is working out the final kinks with the visors. It's very tricky with those deep undercuts to get around the raised areas and I need to make sure that the quality will remain consistent.

One of the Huge things I think many of Us appreciate about you Oz being a Professional and knowing the detail you do. If possible and your okay with it being shown..maybe we could get a picture of what you mean? When you say visors do you mean as in the coating is sandwiched in between 2 layers?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back