Cobra Commander: Retaliation

Gotta pay for all that silicone somehow....

And seriously, it's the silver faceplate you guys are caught up on? That is literally the easiest part of the entire build. We've known how to do see-through silver since at least the 60's.

I would say for me I am personally clueless when it comes to everything that your doing OZ. Glad that the see-through sliver faceplate is the easiest part since it's the most iconic , sculpting would be tough, and then unless there are tricks of the trade, making sure both sides/half's are to the same dimensions. unless one is good at what they do, not everyone sees details like us all, or knows what to look for.

maybe this thought gos back to the question I asked Sovereignone but the retaliation chromed/ see through silver seems much different from say what would be used in say sunglasses. it at least to me looks like it has something both behind the see-through silver, and/or over the silver unless it just seems/ feels like it to me.

Thanks so much Oz for the answer! Oh, wow that's really interesting. I would have never thought of that. so simple, yet for me it's the "little details that blow my mind, and make me go "oh".

After seeing this update picture I am almost speechless! If you really do get to sell these Fingers crossed it will fit my big head :(.

Really I hope you feel real Good Oz! The amount of work you do, and how many people you make happy, numb, etc ,and give sensory overload to is really something to be applauded, recognized!

Is the a casting of the next mold, or the actual first casting?

Really Remember I am clueless ; ) so truly I appreciate your helping me learn, and try not to be so clueless. Thanks so much for sharing your talent, and work!

If you really do get to sell these Fingers crossed it will fit my big head

Given that the original was made for such a small guy and the resultant copy was too, I chose to make mine an enlarged version to accommodate bigger guys like us. So chances are it will fit you.

Is the a casting of the next mold, or the actual first casting?

The mold above is actually a waste mold because I will only use it to cast two pieces. Those pieces get cut apart (cutting them apart always wrecks one side, hence the need for two casts) so that I can add the joints that will hold them together and fit the vent pieces, etc.

Oh really, Nice I did not know that. Oh very nice, so glad your a very good thinker. Glad I maybe in the same larger head group as OZ the Man!

Thanks so a waste mold ( thanks for helping me learn ) wow, now that's dedication! Hmm never would have known it ruins a side, wow.

So thankful again to you liking this helmet, picking up this project again
for you, and being willing to at this time sell others, as it should end up hopefully helping countless admirers of your work, cosplay, the commander, as well as the general public.

Thanks again OZ for your answers, and the Updates!

Hey, Oz do you think we may get a post from you this week? :D

Of course anytime your able to blow our minds of course is totally understandable!

I wrapped up that big project a few weeks ago and was finally able to get back on this. I've got the three main parts (helmet, chin strap, visor) separated now and am doing the fine tuning and fitting. New pics soon.

Just had to register and tell you that this is awesome - I really hope that it will be up for sale one day but even if you don't plan to sell it it's worth to watch this thread/your progress on it! Great work! :thumbsup

By the way: I believe that UD replicas isn't going to release their version of it. This might make you the only hope for many fans of this great design... :)

Just had to register and tell you that this is awesome - I really hope that it will be up for sale one day but even if you don't plan to sell it it's worth to watch this thread/your progress on it! Great work! :thumbsup

By the way: I believe that UD replicas isn't going to release their version of it. This might make you the only hope for many fans of this great design... :)

That's true! YOUR of course right! If we hear/see the Great Ozymndius can't sell copies or changes his mind, for me it sure we'll be painful.

Only because like you say it's "Awesome"! The amount of detail! The fact it is so real and such perfection. That this is made with superior talent and a profesionals hands. I need a book to write all the great that this is!

In my opinion because Ozymndius has done sorta step by step updates, this feels beyond better than anything we may have gotten from UD Replicas plus it's hand made!!!. So as long as Ozymndius decideds fans are worthy to own this work from him its definitely a BLESSING!

I wrapped up that big project a few weeks ago and was finally able to get back on this. I've got the three main parts (helmet, chin strap, visor) separated now and am doing the fine tuning and fitting. New pics soon.

Yays Ozymndius! sooooo glad this project is back to life!!

Still checking this out Oz ! What exciting stuff besides working towards new pics is keeping you busy? Side projects? Continued sales? Alright take care and hopefully we will see you again here!

Not gone away. Just been too busy to post regularly.

The jaw and helmet breakdowns are now done though and I'm down to finishing up the small details.

Cobra%20build%204_zpszunaposq.png

Cobra%20build%203_zpszdi7yrrb.png

It's been slow going on account of now being in the casting and fitting phase for this guy.

IM%20sm_zpseouqfidn.png

Thanks Oz for the time you took for the updates! :D Very impressive of where your time is going! Is this the largest sculpture you have done!

AMAZING!...YEAH that's truly understandable why that's getting Your attention as well!

Thanks again for your time and sharing :D !!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back