Help to identify at-at imperial walker belly parts

Litial

Hi all, I´m building an 1/48 AT-AT imperial walker and now I´m working on the belly. I need help to identify what models I must buy to detail tha part of the model.

I just identified the Saturn V, can anybody help me to identify the rest?

Thanks in advance.

this post automatically reminds me of:
l_17952ac0-9cdb-11e1-ad2e-e50ff0500001.jpg
its wrong in so many ways.

to the OP:
i realize this is your first post, but you (hopefully) inadvertantly "broke" several rules/protocols.
-this particular forum is STUDIO SCALE, you should probably read up to what that means exactly.
-lists like the one your asking don't come as free handouts, very often.

this particular forum has several posters that are very serious about this particular facet of modeling and expect a certain decorum. you might read around first and observe before you jump into the deep end. hope this doesn't sound too harsh, i'm honestly just trying to help.

Hi, the first thing that comes to my mind is thank you for you advise. I though this place were the perfect one to ask for these kind of questions. In fact since yesterday to today I discovered about 13 parts of those one I´m asking for, but I ask for help because I don´t find the rest.

If you don´mind I would like to ask just a few things...an 1/48 scale for the AT-AT is not an scale model? I thought it was and for that reason I asked here. If this is not the right place in this site, would you give an idea about where I would ask about this in this site?

After your message I ought to read again the rules...I didn´t have no idea about I was broken any rule, I m sorry about that too.

Thank for your advice. ;)

Is this a resin kit variant of the ATAT? Maybe something like the SMT model? Many original donor parts will need work to fit as close to correct AFAIK. Quincy is right though, you can't blaze in and get all the answers, without doing a fair bit of groundwork yourself, Quincy means no harm, just a gentle fair warning, all the secrets aren't always just handed out, and the ATAT i think even after some real gear heads have been working at it, still, has unknown parts.
Check out studioscalemodelers.com too, a great site, ran by enthusiasts in SS, that has an elaborate and extensive kit scan section......needles and haystacks, but thats how it all starts, a few months of looking at sprues, you WILL start recognising kits right off the bat on other projects, good luck buddy!

lee

I would also recommend paying a visit to studioscale.com which also has a great range of kit scans.

One of the things that new members should also do is to introduce yourself to the members here. Let them know who you are, perhaps where you're from and what you're doing and before asking for anything from the members here and their collective knowledge contribute to a discussion or show some of your work, both past or current.

Unfortunately, and I have seen this on other forums, there are people who join a particular forum and "abuse" it by joining then take what they need without contributing.

As for your 1/48 AT-AT if you are replicating the model in the same size as built by ILM it was never referred to as 1/48. The term STUDIO SCALE (or SS for short) refers to the same size as the actual visual effects filming miniature used when making a film so if you are using the same parts then yours is a studio scale AT-AT.

Also, if you use the search function on this site you may a lot of useful information and I hope we see your AT-AT here soon.

Hi Ralphee, yes it´s the same scale that SMT model, and at this moment I´m not using resin, I´m using styrene sheet and cooper tubes for the main structure.

I´m checking the scans of studioscalemodelers and thanks to that great work of all the people that is sharing scans I have recognized about 13 parts of the belly and I´m begining to think I will have custom several parts by my own.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!
;)

I have checked the works of many people here and it´s really impressive.

Ok Junk pilot, you are true.
Sorry, I´m Juanma, I´m from Spain. I love making model kits and now I´m involved in the creation of an AT-AT it´s about 1/48. I have never casted any model with resin, but probably I will make it soon, I have a friend who knows how a model must be casted and I will need his help soon.

I can share some of my works here: stararts2000's deviantART gallery

I love making model kits almost about everything. In that site you will find models of Star Wars, Galactica, Dragonheart, Jurassic Park...But I paint and build models about almost everything as enviroments for my models. In this site you can find pictures as this one I attached now.5.jpg
;)

I dont have pictures of my AT-AT yet but I will shoot several pictures when it will be finished. I have the idea of making at least two. One fallen and one walking besides the fallen one with at least 3 snowspeeder flying around.

Please, if I´m breaking any rule just tell it to me and I will remove this last post.

Thank you all.
;)

Last edited:
Ok Junk pilot, you are true.
Sorry, I´m Juanma, I´m from Spain. I love making model kits and now I´m involved in the creation of an AT-AT it´s about 1/48. I have never casted any model with resin, but probably I will make it soon, I have a friend who knows how a model must be casted and I will need his help soon.

I can share some of my works here: stararts2000's deviantART gallery

I love making model kits almost about everything. In that site you will find models of Star Wars, Galactica, Dragonheart, Jurassic Park...But I paint and build models about almost everything as enviroments for my models. In this site you can find pictures as this one I attached now.View attachment 256171
;)

I dont have pictures of my AT-AT yet but I will shoot several pictures when it will be finished. I have the idea of making at least two. One fallen and one walking besides the fallen one with at least 3 snowspeeder flying around.

Please, if I´m breaking any rule just tell it to me and I will remove this last post.

Thank you all.
;)

Beautiful works,welcome aboard:thumbsup

Don

Hi all, just a question...I´ve been watching many threads in this site and as I was wrong thinking an 1/48 AT-AT was an scale model...I think all the references shared by other modelers were about a real Scale model AT-AT. My question is, if all the references of those models used to detail the AT-AT were related to an scale model...what would be the scale of the models that I should use to detail mine?... does anybody knows something about this point?
I mean, I identified several models to buy for detail the belly:

1/35 Panther Sd.kfz, 171 Aust.A
1/700 Scharnhorst
1/35 Tamiya Kampfpanzer Leopard No.35064
1/35 Tamiya flakpanzer gepard No.3599
1/35 Sdkfz 232 (8rad)
1/35 British 25PDR. Field Gun
1/35 Tamiya Sd.Kfz Leichter 222
1/35 Churchil Crocodrile
1/144 Apollo Saturn V

But now I have doubts about the scale I must buy since I think these scales are ok for an scale model AT-AT..The one I´m building will have aproximatelly 21 inches only and a AT-AT scale model I think it´s much bigger.

If this is not a right place to ask about it, just tell me and I will look for the place to ask about in this site...Today is my first posting day in this site. ;) ;)

Thanks in advance.

If I remember right, there's a thread here on RPF or another forum discussing 1/48 scale substitutions for studio scale donor parts for the at-at, but couldn't find it in a search. Still have trouble searching for at-at, even with quotations "at-at".

Hello Julien! I have been watching your work and it´s impressive!!
;)
Thank you for the comment. The only piece I have seen of the panzer A it´s a very little detail in "U" form in another piece of the belly. Maybe it´s scratched from another model.

Thank you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much Scott, I have problems also with my searchs...But I think that´s me..as I dont know How I must do my searchs with property... I´m still searching for more information about this model.

Thank you!

Do you mean the part on the rear Harrier assembly part next to the screw hole ? If so it is not from the Panther A.
If you're planning to use real kit parts you should rather to base your model on the filming miniatures rather than on the SMT wich is plain wrong.

[edit]Sorry just checked my ref pics, only the go-motion AT-ATs had a screw hole here, on the castings -like the one used by Master Replica- this hole was not drilled on the part.

Hi Julien, I mean this part you can see in the attached picture.

I just look SMT as reference for general measures I thought just for that it´s fine but as you say in the detailingdetail.jpg of the model it´s necessary to change almost everything.

Ah yeah those parts, they're not from the Panther either.
It's fine to take measures off the SMT but you will probably need to scale them up or down to get the parts fit your model.

Thank you Julen, I suppose I started a long way several months ago when I decided to build this model. ;) I didn´t use any part of other models till this moment. I just built all parts with styrene, but regarding the belly...Uff...I thought that if I didnt begin to get some models used I will never finish this project, but I didnt´realize that those kits I have seen in this site were fine to build an scale model..Not for 1/48 scale so I will have to identify first as much as I could and after that look for other scales of those models.

;) ;)
Thank you again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back