Doctor Who - John Hurt version

I didn't know about the anchor button, do you have a clear shot of the original? The odd button on the lower right of the coat is commonly called a 'pin shank button', I've done a costume breakdown on my blog that may be of some help:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll try and find the pic/frame shot of that button. I think I noticed it hitting pause too many times while watching the blu ray of the episode. I believe the original was a black anchor button under his right lapel flap. I went through my reference photos and i couldn't find my saved file anywhere. If I find it I'll post the link again.

Another trouser tip is that in the US we have a store called Old Navy. They make a pair of pants called "Old Navy Broken In Khakis" in a chocolate brown. The material weave, color and cut are about spot on to the original. Plus they are very comfortable and locatable on EBAY and thrift stores for cheap. Mine cost me $9.95 shipped.

The waistcoat buttons are definitely a 1970's style. There are two different buttons, but they're both from the same manufacturer because the actual dome part is the same. One of them has an engraved design with gold in it and the other has an inlaid gold design that's actually got shape to it, it's not just engraved. They appear to be 5/8". I think they're just plastic, not horn or anything, because I've never seen a blend of colors like that before in horn or MOP or anything natural. Plus, nothing in the '70s was made from natural materials.

Pardon if I have missed an obvious post somewhere, but I would like to ask if anyone has a good solid photo of the Magnoli War Doctor Scarf. I am a bit confused about the pattern. I remember when it first started getting talked about on here, it had an incorrect chevron pattern with alternating cream and red sides to the chevron pattern. And then later I saw a mock up by Magnoli that included the description of it being incorrect in color and something else. I am thinking of getting one but the listing seems to have two different images of two different patterns. One alternating and one solid color red and cream chevrons. Which one is the Scarf you get these days if you order? I would have thought the scarf was more and more accurate as time went on but I also saw a review that someone wrote in January of this year and the picture they use is of the alternating pattern so, as I say, I'm confused and wanted to see what the current version looks like before I order. Thank you for any help.

Thank you for the input. So it has the alternate colors meeting to form the chevron thingy? Has it always been that way? I thought there was a version that had solid continuous color chevrons. If not, do yall have any plans for that? Or is that the final version?

Yes, the colors alternate to form the chevron pattern, just like the original. One of the first prototypes were not make like this, but all production runs have.

This scarf is tricky. I swear it looks like solid chevrons on John Hurt in all the pics I've found. But when I zoom in and try to look at the knitted rows, it gets...wonky to tell if it actually is or not. Might be a knitting thing. Weirdness. At any rate, thank you again.

Just out of curiosity, when you say that the colors alternate (white side to red instead of white to white and red to red) like the original, do you mean that you were able to look at the screen used scarf up close and in person and they alternated like that?

I ask because you agree with a poster absolutely after they said that they thought the chevrons should meet and be solid. And the pre production mock up has that in the pics and it looks great. Looks right to me. But the production runs have it the old way. What brought about the change?

Thank you for your input and help with my curiosity about this. I love The War Doctors Scarf. Love the character. I just want to get as close as humanly possible to screen accuracy.

That was quite an old post. We have since received much larger images and we're pretty certain the chevron lines are alternating colors.

Interesting...weirdness. Tricky dang scarf. I'll be ordering one relatively soonish. See what it looks like in person. Thanks again for the help.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back