Doctor Who - John Hurt version

I stated earlier that I had a few pairs in the past and there were slight differences between them, so maybe they are an older pair.
Magnum Originals are very common workboots and are very popular among police officers, so it would not surprise me that the BBC (or even specifically Dr. Who) costume departments would have a few pairs lying around

Been trying to figure out what kind of Bandolier the War Doctor is wearing.

I can't identify the round (bullet) size of the slots. The strap doesn't appear to be very wide, maybe 1 inch to 1.5 at the most.

And whats up with those small metal plates over the bullet slots? In a freeze frame from "Night Of The Doctor" you can clearly see there are tiny circles "stamped" (not sure what word is appropriate here) into the plates.

My initial thought was that it was likely a WWI or WWII british bandolier of some sort. But I can't find anything that resembles it.

I haven't come across any pics of the back of the belt either.

Maybe some gun/ammo/WWI/WWII experts here on the forum could weight in?

Given the detail on the plates, it seems likely this is custom piece the prop department did just for the show.

As I posted in the other War Doctor thread on here:

This custom-made leather peacoat/car-coat could make a doable War Doctor coat, with lots of weathering and button mods. Also, these custom spats/gaiters on Etsy will make a fine addition, again with proper button replacement and ageing/weathering. Also, for those interested, this is an extremely close match to the 3-grommet belt that John Hurt wears during the 50th, and an all-around nice belt, too. Cheers!

*Edit: the seller relisted the jacket under a different image in his shop here.

Last edited:
At the moment, we're officially making the War Doctor's leather coat, velvet vest and wool scarf. Should have some news late January...

Has anybody else tried IDing his scarf yet? I didn't have any luck.

I also want to know how to tie it. I can't figure it out.

At the moment, we're officially making the War Doctor's leather coat, velvet vest and wool scarf. Should have some news late January...

Whoa. Cosplaying at the War Doctor might be easier than I thought, I will definitely have to see about those three items.

It looks to me like it's the "Twice-around" from this picture.
how-to-tie-a-scarf.jpg

The ones you posted look pretty good. Though, I would guess that the Doctor's were originally khaki in colour. You can see the colour breaking through in a few lighter spots. But the ones in your link would certainly work, IMO.

Khaki or a color 'round there, I agree. But there's pictures of them from the Doctor Who experience that I think Thorneyboy posted on Gallifrey Base that shows they're basically black from grime and weathering so the base color isn't entirely significant.

It looks to me like it could be a dark flannel, the same sort of fabric german uniforms in WW2 was made from (Obviously a darker colour though). From what I know about flannel, it can (Depending on how it's made) get a lighter colour when distressed, similar to how 9's jacket became a lighter color when it was distressed.

DSC_0429.JPG

Close but the pattern is off, it not alternate arrows but solid. So the left and right side of the arrow should meet and connect with the same colour opposite, if you get my meaning......

For example:

You have it white left side connected to right red side and so on

Should be white left side to white right side and same with the red

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back