Tony Stark Augmented-Cognition Headset WIP from Scratch!

ironmaided

Sr Member
Another scratch build iron man props :)

After seeing some awesome headset builds here and in facebook, and after watching (again) ironman 3 last night. I decided to make a A-C Headset :) (Augmented-Cognition Headset) used by Tony Stark in the film to remotely control the mark 42.

This will be 100% Scratch Build, no 3D-Printed parts (no 3D printer, duh), no resin casted parts.

I'm using the following materials for this. Pretty cheap ;) i'm not aiming to total movie accurate look. This is just for fun for our upcoming christmas party 2nd week of December. :)

1. U-Shaped Aluminum Flat Bar.

2eppqfa.jpg

5z1kxk.jpg

50f9ky.jpg

I got this from our neighbor, for free. :lol

2. Scrap Foam

vw3fo.jpg

3. Aluminum Foil Tape

258nknt.jpg

4. Blue 3v LED and a push button switch (i now, no LED picture, just the switch)

rrjn1d.jpg

5. Clear Spray Paint Can Cap

2i9gjs4.jpg

6. Coffee (just in case)

14l3fwj.jpg

I won't rush this since I'm still working on my Gemini Armor. So I might get back working on this after I felt burnt out of the Gemini again. So thanks for viewing.

~I.maided.

Last edited:
Re: Tony Stark Augumented-Cognition Headset WIP from Scratch!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Take all the time you need. There are bigger things tthat need attention first.

View attachment 255403

lights installed. . .yes it is white since i lost the blue ones. .it is powered via 4 small watch batteries. . .

and sorry for the face. . .i'm so stressed. . so i started making fun of myself. . .

I never update the thread because I'm so busy with my other projects but here's some progress from February (I forgot to post them)

1932267_591312264284570_1034049676_n.jpg

Lights and some details had been installed in the headset, yes this is not 99% movie accurate, this is made from the scrap materials I mentioned in the first post.

1017655_591310944284702_626773558_n.jpg

I used white LED for each sides of the headset, foam casing, and scrap gray and black plastic for the arm details, not to mention the clear scrap plastic i used on for the eye glass detail

I still need to tweak some parts, so far the LEDs are turned on by sliding the foam casing forward and is turned off by sling the foam casing backward, no messy wires running from side to side of the foam casing, they move independently.

Gonna post some pictures on how this works sometime this week.

I was thinking about something like this!

I thought "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to build a Mark 42 for my buddy, then build this, and pull off the ultimate paired costume?"

I like what you have so far.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back